:Chapter 3:

:Ice:

Being with Alex was like nothing else. Like the pressure of being an exile wasn't weighting down on me for once in my life. We just laid in bed all day. We didn't do anything but lay in his bed with my hair and dress fanned out around me.

It was nice in a way just laying in bed with him my head slowly gravitating towards his chest. "Ice." Alex finally spoke once the sun began to set in the sky casting a glow through his room. "Yes Alex?" I asked and he turned to me.

"When are you going to tell me what you are. I mean we're mates, and you should tell me what you are. You know what I am so it's only fair that you tell me what you are. I won't judge you know that Ice." Alex said touching my cheek.

Alex always pressed on that. What I was. He knew I wasn't a human, a human didn't behave like I did. No a human didn't hate summer as much as I did and relish in the cold. A human didn't stay out of the public like I did.

It didn't loathe social media like I did. But then I wasn't any ordinary supernatural being like Max was. What I was happened to be something very reclusive, so reclusive that it made fae look social and ready to party. They rarely came to the human world as they hated humans.

And most supernatural. Curiosity could get you killed. They lived in their own realm far away from the human realm. With only one gateway. One gateway that had been shut the moment I was exiled. And it wasn't shut by them. It was shut by Blizzard in an attempt to protect me.

Only five slipped through on are run. A reason we were so reclusive. And the fear of throwing Alex into the line of fire always ached on me. Since I met him it was never a normal friendship. I felt something for him for the longest time except I didn't know what it was until I was older.

We were best friends, and very possessive of each other. We didn't like including people in our world so we didn't include people in our world. We sort of just shut them out and acted like they didn't existed. As if the only people who mattered were the two of us.

Blizzard was the only other person I cared for besides Alex and his family of course. His family I didn't mind. They were all sweet and loving. They were like the family I never had so I soaked in all that attention that Alex got which passed onto me.

Blizzard dropped me off all the time. He stayed a few times when Danielle and Jackson invited him over. But they had no idea he was always around just blended in to where they couldn't identify him. What we were gave us advantages in the world.

What Blizzard was gave him an advantage. But depending on the season depended on what he took place as. He could take place as a snowy owl in the winter, a white stag at anytime. The white stag was a bit risky, but he only did it on Ashford property.

No one was allowed to hunt there and they didn't hunt rare animals. Blizzard had the rare gift of shapeshifting but he didn't have tons of forms. He had a white stag, a snowy owl, an artic bunny, and if he puts power into it an artic fox. But he prefers the snowy owl.

He was a rare line of snow shifters. A species with my world of which could take on the forms indigenous to our realm. Snowy owls were everywhere there, and white stags were a sign of luck and never hunted, artic hares and foxes were kept as pets.

And of course seen in the wild. And there was also the occasional snow griffin. Blizzard never answered if he could shift into that. If he could he never spoke of it. But outside you could see Blizzard sitting in the trees as a snowy owl watching the house as he no doubt followed me.

Most girls would be offended, but I knew he did it for my own protection. Blizzard was my caregiver and protector. He trusted the Ashford's but he didn't want them going under the wrath incase an attack did happen so he always watched me closely.