:Chapter 13:

:Ice:

"Thank you." I told Alex as we walked the trails outside of his house. "For what?" Alex asked his boots sinking into the snow. "For defending me when Blizzard attacked us to prepare us." I told Alex who nodded at that his blue eyes focused ahead.

"There is no reason to thank me, I'd do it in a real situation without a doubt in my mind. Your my mate, it's instinct to want to protect you." Alex said looking at me and I smiled at him. He told me that before when I asked about it.

I had always admired the bond between a werewolf and their mate. And from the moment I knew our bond was the one of a mate I dreamed of him knowing it. When he turned sixteen and his wolf; Echo could discover the mate and I knew he would recognize me as his mate.

The two of us were perfect for each other. The sheer protection a male wolf has over it's female was a bond unbreakable. And adding that to a werewolf with the two being mated and having no other choice but each other and the love that bloomed between each other.

A mate bond was instant, I felt it the moment Alex looked at me on his sixteenth birthday. But love took time. And we had over four years together from when I turned twelve and had a feeling our bond was a mate bond and not some other bond.

I had prayed it was a mate bond. It would be hell if it wasn't a mate bond since we were bonded. So it was great that it was as I had no desire to explain it to some jealous female.

But thankfully Echo pulled through and recognized me as his mate which made me happy. I looked back at Alex. "Who taught you how to fight?" I asked Alex. "My dad gave us all basic self defense, and I've watched the hunters in their fighting, specifically Derik since he's a werewolf." Alex said.

I nodded. "Do you think you could teach me how to fight?" I asked looking up at Alex. "Me? I don't really know how to fight." Alex said. "You fared well against Alex, please I don't want to be defenseless." I told Alex who sucked in some air before nodding.

"I can try." Alex said and I smiled at that before wrapping my arms around him. "Thank you." I told him and Alex nodded. "But I can't guarantee that I'll be any good, but I will try my best." Alex said and I smiled at that before off we were to find a place to practice.

Finally we came across an open spot near the river that was now frozen and glistening in the afternoon sun

Finally we came across an open spot near the river that was now frozen and glistening in the afternoon sun. "So how do you plan to do this?" Alex asked.

"Well," I started before letting my power comes and I'm not sure what I was doing before a wolf made of ice appeared. Growling with sharp ice fangs forever frozen in time. "Impressive, but other than aweing your assassin it won't do much." Alex said staring at it.

And then I shoved all my power into it and ice blasted the wolf at Alex and tossed him a few feet back and he cursed. "Oh my god Alex, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed running up to him and dropping to my knees and touching his chest and Alex laughed.