Chapter 12

Leonie's POV:

I sat on a building overlooking Central City watching as the sun set. I sighed seeing the flash of red light as Barry ran around probably looking for me. The plus side of sitting up here is the only person who knows about is Dylan because he used to come up here with me to help me train. After a while, I knew I would have to go back to my apartment and so I pressed my necklace again and headed home. When I landed on my roof I headed down the staircase to my apartment. I went in and saw the mail on the floor. I picked it up and started going through it while I headed into the living room. I gasped when I saw the letter. It said it was from the Louvre Museum in Paris. They had seen my portfolio and had hired me as an intern. I jumped around my apartment before realizing something. The internship started in 3 weeks. I had time to pack and to tell Captain Singh about it. However, I was not ready to tell Barry, Oliver, Iris, Caitlyn, and Cisco. I knew Dylan knew because he is the one who signed me up for it. I grabbed my phone before heading to the hospital. When I got there I went to Dylan's room and saw him in there alone. I waved hello and then said, "I have good news and bad news. The good is that I got that internship in Paris. The bad news is that it's in 3 weeks and I don't know how to tell anyone." He smiled and said, "I'm super excited that you got it and about telling them, why don't you just write them letters. That way they find out and you're able to tell them things that you normally wouldn't say to their face." I nodded and said, "That is amazing advice. When will you be getting out?" He smiled and said, "I am actually supposed to be leaving later today." I squealed and said, "How about you come over then. We can have a best friend's day." He nodded and I hugged him before saying, "I have to go get it ready then. Love you, Dylan. See you later." He waved goodbye and I went back home. I started getting stuff ready and after a while, I figured I should start writing the letters. I made one for Joe, Oliver, Iris, Caitlyn, Cisco, and Barry. After I finished and put them in their envelopes I headed to CCPD. I walked into Captain Sings office and said, "I'm sorry captain, I just need to talk to you about some important business." He nodded and told me to continue so I did. "I will be leaving in 2-3 weeks because I got an internship in France. I wanted to go ahead and tell you now but can you hold off on telling Barry and Joe because I want to tell them myself." He nodded and then gave me a hug before saying, "I understand and I hope you have fun. I hope you do come back though. You will always have a job here." I nodded and said, "Thank you. I still want to work and all but I just want you to know when I won't be coming back." He nodded and I left to go pack.