Ch. 10

So, this book is now being updated again . . . Surprise!!!!!
Enjoy this new chapter :3

__________________

Yoongi's POV

"Hyung? How was work?" Yoongi asked as soon as Jin entered the house, making his way out of the living room where he had been watching television. He wasn't expecting a completely exhausted elder who looked just about ready to collapse at any given moment. He rushed over to him, placing his hand on his shoulder. Jin gave home a weak smile, though it seemed to take a large amount of effort and it dropped from his face just as quickly as it had arrived. "Are you alright?"

"I- I'm fine. Don't worry about me, just a long day at work. Nothing major." Jin seemed to be trying to convince himself more than Yoongi. The younger shook his head and led SeokJin to the living room, sitting him down on the couch, watching carefully as the older sighed in relief. "Just, you know, tired."

Yoongi nodded and sat next to him, not believing Jin whatsoever. It was so unlike him to be not upbeat like he usually was. Aside from when he was sick, Yoongi couldn't remember a time when he wasn't upbeat and energetic. It was odd seeing him like that and he wanted nothing but to help him get back to his usual self.

The elder shifted towards Yoongi, brows furrowed slightly, causing a crease to form between his eyebrows. Jin looked at him for a moment before speaking, his words seeming to tumble over each other, desperately trying to be freed of his confinement-like mouth, "You know Taehyung? The guy I told you about? He was on shift today with me. He was friendly- a little overly friendly. He tried to, at least I think, ask me out that night and I think he's still trying to. Don't get me wrong, he's nice and all, but I'm not interested. He's a little too enthusiastic and I have a feeling he only applied so he could get a better chance at me. It's kinda creepy- I mean, being grabbed like that in the middle of the night would creepy anyone out, right?"

"Hyung, I'm sure he just really likes you. That's perfectly normal. You're a good looking male and you're only in your twenties. He has every reason to like you. Take a deep breath, okay?" Yoongi tentatively put his arm around the elder's shoulders when he leaned his head on Yoongi's, not used to being so close and intimate with him when he isn't in Little Space. Except that one night, when he was exhausted and didn't care enough to pay attention.

SeokJin nodded, sighing again. "Does it make me a bad person, though? To not like him back? I've never dealt with stuff like this before. You know how I was in high school, focused on my studies all the time." He sat up, staring at the TV blankly. It was obvious he had no interest in watching the K-drama that was playing; Yoongi wasn't either. "I'm going to cook something. That should make me feel better. I'm really out of it today. Want anything?"

"Uh, yeah, sure. Ramen?" Yoongi suggested, getting up and following Jin into the kitchen. There was no way he would be letting Jin out of his sight for now. He doubted anything would happen, but just in case, he would be there if it did. Jin immediately got a couple packages of ramen out, hands moving sure and quick. He soon had a pot of water on the stove to boil, heat turned up to a little above medium. SeokJin opened the fridge and pulled out a stick of celery and a carrot. He began to chop up the stick of celery on his wooden cutting board with a rather large chef's knife that he rarely ever used, chopping the celery a little more forcefully than necessary.

The younger watched him from the kitchen table, hands resting on the table and moving nervously. By the time SeokJin had the entire celery stick cut into small pieces, the water was boiling. He put the ramen into the pot, making sure it was completely submerged in the water before going to shave the carrot into thin strips. He did this just as forceful as the celery stick was chopped, but his movements gradually relaxed as he calmed down. Yoongi let out a sigh of relief, glad that Jin's cooking had helped him.