Ch. 21

Who hurt you, Taehyung? Who hurt you?

__________________

Seokjin's POV

He entered Haneul's Palace silently, highly aware of pair of eyes burning into his back all the while. He had no doubt that Jungkook wasn't going to leave until he was at least in the building. His heart fluttered a little at that; Jungkook was making sure he was safe before he left. Not to mention how protective he was acting in his car just a few minutes ago. It made him all tingly when Jungkook acted like that, like he wanted- no, needed protect and make sure everyone knew who he belonged to. Deep down, he himself wanted it, too, not that he would ever admit that any time soon.

He took a deep breath to prepare himself. The restaurant hadn't been open yet in order to clean up and prepare for the dinner service like they did every day. Two hours were taken during meal times in order to make sure the restaurant was ready. During the evening, the lights were dimmed and a relaxed mood was set while in the morning and afternoon the lights were brighter to get their customers in a good mood; mood lighting was everything in a restaurant. If the customers weren't in the mood for the food being served at that specific time, they wouldn't have much of an appetite and might leave. Of course, they couldn't have the customers just leave. They needed the money.

Taking a deep breath, he prepared himself to tell Taehyung about Jungkook. He knew the younger wasn't going to react well, but it wasn't exactly a good idea for Jungkook to tell him. Judging by the way he was acting earlier, he wasn't going to just talk to Taehyung so he definitely had to tell Taehyung himself. His stomach twisted in discomfort at the thought. Taehyung was a good friend and he didn't want to hurt him, especially if it effected their work relationship. Nobody wanted tensions between servers; it would be awkward for the customers to experience and they might not come back because of it.

There were circular tables in the middle of the restaurant, seating up to four people per table. Booths lined each wall parallel to each other to seat as many people as possible. Straight across from the door at the other end of the restaurant were a pair of swinging doors on the right and left side of the wall, for easier access to the kitchen. Right when someone walks in, there's a small table where the host stands, ready to greet customers upon their arrival. It was a pretty nice restaurant and he cherished it. After all, he had been working there for around six years now.

As he made his way into the back, he hoped that Taehyung was already prepping the kitchen and that he didn't need to change. It didn't bother him too much that Taehyung and him changed together, but he sometimes felt that Taehyung waited for him to arrive just so that they could change together. He figured he was just over thinking, but it did bother him a little sometimes. Luckily, Taehyung wasn't in the locker room. It wasn't necessarily a locker room, because the cleaning supplies, washer and dryer were kept back there. It was more of a laundry room than anything, but there was a row of pockets along one wall, so the workers referred to it as the locker room.

He pulled open his locker which was in between Jiyoon's and Taehyung's, slipping off his sweater and jeans. He folded them before setting the fabric items on the top shelf of his locker. He was buckling his black dress pants when Taehyung walked in, causing his head to snap up and turn in the direction of the door, his hands freezing in the middle of buckling his pants. Taehyung was dressed in tight leather pants, a black shirt, and a black jacket that had gold accents. His brown hair still had green dye in his bangs, but it was beginning to fade. A bag was slung over his shoulder.

He didn't say a word as Taehyung walked over and stood on his right, keeping his head down as he continued buckling his pants. It was a little unusual for Taehyung to show up after him, but he didn't question it. He felt a little self conscious, considering the hickies Jungkook had sucked onto his skin still littered his neck and chest. Grabbing and pulling on his dress shirt, he buttoned and tucked it in, paying no attention to the man beside him who was busy undressing. He caught flashes of Taehyung bare chest and side out of the corner of his eye, so he left the moment he was fully dressed.