Brother Justim

Etihw's POV

I was shocked to see so much. All this time yet it slipped right underneath our noses. Maybe Kcalb was right about something not feeling right. Like how I should've believed him when Ivlis attacked the Gray Garden. Did better judgment clouded the most helpful information? Just why has Wodahs been the only one that knows all of this?  Was this the reason why he never wanted to heal his eye? To teach us the lesson? How much time has passed for this to happen?  Closing my eyes as I tried to relay on the millia of times I have passed him, yet he has never said a word about any of this. Was this the silent agreement from him and Yosaflame. Shaking my head I reached for the phone I held as I powered the screen and tried to find Justim's number to at least get a second opinion from someone else.

Finally finding Justim's number I dialed the only number I could trust. It felt like forever as the dull ring of the dialing tone was dead in my ear. I looked to my side to see Kcalb pacing around as he kept looking down once in a while down at the file. 'Come on Justim, please just answer. This is very urgent.' The dead dialing tone stopped as I heard a mellow out tone of Justim's brother Vicers, "hello?" I sighed in relief that at least someone answered, "Hey Vicers, do you know where Justim is?" There was a brief period of shuffling around before I could hear a clicking of noises. "I am unsure myself where my brother ran off to but strangely enough he left his phone... is there something wrong Etihw?" I tried to hide my nervousness as I tried to explain everything to Vicers and made sure not to leave anything out.

After another series of shuffling and clicking I could hear the squeaking of a chair. "Well, that is something serious... but sadly I have no idea where he is or when he'll be back... I can try to help the best I can but it sounds like you need him and the Shamén. But, unlucky for me he only wishes for Justim or someone of high status," Vicers pointed out as I looked over at Kcalb. Him being the oldest Devil could mean he has the highest status beyond the normal standards of God and Devil. "What about Kcalb?" I asked as I saw from the corner of my eyes I saw Kcalb whip around his eyes fully black. There was a slight pause as the creaking stopped and it was silent. "Yeah, Kcalb is of high status but Kcalb would have to make the request to see the Shamén himself and himself, alone." I could hear the stressed out word when he said alone. Sighing I looked over to Kcalb and gave the best innocent smile I could muster. But I knew he saw right through it as sweat began to bead from his face. "A-alright thank you Vicers... and hopefully we can find Justim," I heard a grunt before the line went dead.

I took a deep breathe as I looked over to Kcalb. "Justim is M.I.A.* and the only one that would know anything and could probably send the word faster would be the Shamén," I could see Kcalb tense up as I mentioned the Shamén. He seemed unnerved as he has bad wounds and scars from his childhood. Gulping I nodded my head, "only you are our hope of finding both Wodahs and Yosafire." I could see the pain in his eyes as he looked down. Damn him and his quietness. "Fine, I'll do it.... for Wodahs and Yosafire," he mumbled but yet I heard everything. He's in pain and yet I'm sending him to the one person he fears the most. Though he hides it well. I know him, very, very well. Sighing he left the room and went down the lengthy halls. I feel very bad for Kcalb. Yet somehow I feel relieved that he somewhat swallows his pride and faces certain things first handly. Biting my lower lip I looked down back at the phone as I looked through the messages hoping to see anything for me... no.... there was nothing. I found the number I tried to call the least as I hit to dial the number. There was a short dial tone before I could literally smell the tobacco smoke through the phone, "y'hello?" I took a deep breath as I held the phone closer. "Hey, Fumus hate to bother you but I kinda need to ask you a favor," I listened to the clicking noises as I presume he was torturing something or someone. "Sure what'cha need?" he seemed excited about this favor. Gulping I whispered through the phone before the phone line went dead again.

There wasn't much to say to anyone knowing fully well that anyone could be the spy and relay the messages back to this bastard. Taking a deep breath I opened my screen and looked up the number that I wished to never see again. Gokuen. Sighing I backed out of it and shut the screen off. Where are you Brother Justim? We need you right now... Sighing I walked towards Kcalb's room and lightly knocked on the door to hear shuffling around as the door fell slack and the door opened fully to reveal Kcalb getting into an attire that was all too familiar to both of us. That familiar black military uniform with six diamonds on the front, three grey diamonds on each sleeves and a black belt, the large, fur-rimmed dark grey coat while having some tears at the end, with the black gloves, pants, and shoes. "He accepted my request and he wants to speak to me immediately and I have to be in this uniform and speak with him," Kcalb grabbed the edge of his cape and sighs, "I'll be back I promise." I nodded as he walked past me.

I tried to hold my emotions and keep them in check but I felt the sudden hug from behind and I started to cry. "I'll try my best to get some help from the Shamén and make sure to give them a piece of my mind," I could hear the smooth tone of Kcalb behind me. Releasing my breath I smiled and nodded my head slowly. With only that he bid farewell and left through the portal. I wish you luck Kcalb.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***M.I.A means Missing In Action