2 | I want to feel you

[ HANYI ]

[ HANYI ]

"Hanyi!"

My mother's voice is enough to have me swing my legs off of my bed and rush to touch-up my appearance in the mirror.

Today's a very important day, I remind myself. Today, I will be gaining another member in my family.

I glow with excitement, my eyes falling from the mirror to my phone that vibrates with a notification.

Brushing my hair away from my eyes, I read the text from Krystal.

→ KRYSTAL: Has the twerp infested your home yet?? Kookie is like flipping shit about him ha.

← ME: No he hasn't. Besides, mom says he's like an angel. Seriously, don't worry about me.

→ KRYSTAL: Alrighttt. Let us know when we can meet him then, girlie.

I chew on my lip, re-reading the text about Jungkook. Earlier in the week, he shared his worry about me sharing a house with a 'total stranger' since our parents were set out on vacation.

"He's a guy!" Jungkook groaned as he held his face in his hands.

"Yeah, he's also just a high-schooler." I told him while trying to pry his hands away.

He just shook his head. "Even worse."

My mom shouts for me once more, this time I rush down the stairs.

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Are they he-?" I trail off, realizing that my new stepfather is already standing in the foyer, beside him is my long awaited stepbrother.

He turns his face from the conversation between my mother and his father, staring up at me with a strong gaze (the fault of how his strands of hair fall over his hooded, deep-set eyes).

Oh...wow.

He holds onto his luggage and lets his father speak for him.

"Nice seeing you again, Hanyi. This is my son, Taehyung." He puts his hand on Taehyung's thin shoulders. "Please take care of him. I hope you two will get along fine for these next couple of months since you guys are all you will have. Unless, we -"

"No-" Taehyung and I share a protest. Turning our heads towards each other, we hold eyes.

His eyebrow lifts and the corner of his mouth tugs upward, making me question why he would look at me with that expression. I couldn't quite make out what it was, but the blush creeping on my cheeks told me that it was wrong.

Taehyung breaks the weird tension between us and smiles at his father. "We'll be fine, father. Won't we, Hanyi?"

Holding on to his luggage, he gives me a small smile with a tilt of his head, all mischief gone.