6 | Not a kid

[ HANYI ]

[ HANYI ]

"Track practice?!" Jungkook pronounces every consonant so harshly that his spit flies into my face. I wipe it away in disgust as Jungkook continues being eaten up by his skepticism, "He's not on the track team. I would know since we go over to train the high schoolers. Hanyi, he lied to you."

Jungkook scratches his head in frustration and then flings his arms into the air as we continue heading towards the library.

"Maybe you just didn't see him?" I give Taehyung the benefit of the doubt, unable to come up with a reason that Taehyung would need to lie about that.

Jungkook places his hands on my shoulders, "I have perfect vision, Hanyi."

I swat his hands away and hold the door open for him, "Alright, alright. What do you think really happened then?"

Jungkook shakes his head at my gesture and holds the door instead, his hand gently pushing me in front of him. "Maybe he got in a fight?"

"Him? In a fight? Doesn't he look a bit fragile?"

"Looks can be deceiving."

Jungkook and I search the library for some empty seats, an almost impossible task during lunch hour. We make our rounds and scan the place, Jungkook spots something and takes hold of my backpack. I raise an eyebrow up and turn to realize that he just needs to get a drink out of the vending machine.

"Look if you're really that worried about it. Why don't you sleepover?"

He stops scanning the choices and looks up at me, finger hovering over the grape soda, "Me? S-sleep over?"

I playfully choose the orange soda before he makes up his mind, the machine rumbles as it tumbles through.

"Yes, tonight?"

Jungkook keeps staring intently in my eyes, "In your bed?"

I cock my head and raise my brows, "Bedroom? Yeah, it's no big deal....we're just friends."

Grabbing the soda, I take a sip out of it before handing it to him. Jungkook takes the soda in his hands and stares at it as if he doesn't know what it is. He finally recomposes himself and smiles, "You know what, I am going to sleep over, but only because I'm so worried about you."

I crinkle my nose at him as I slip my phone out from my pocket, hoping to have received a text from Yoongi. My heart drops when I see that I still haven't. Jungkook reads my face and clears his throat, "How are you and Yoongi? Bet you guys wouldn't stop texting all weekend long."

My face falls because it's really been the opposite, "Yoongi actually hasn't texted me since Friday night after he asked me out. It was the weirdest thing..."

I bite my lip. It made me feel stupid. We just sexted and then he ghosted me? Doesn't he know how that's supposed to make me feel? I feel as if I sucked or did something wrong.