5 | Sexting

[ HANYI ]

[ HANYI ]

I enter the house quietly with a huge grin on my face from replaying today's key event: I've been asked out by Min Yoongi.

As I set my backpack down in the living room, I find Taehyung on the couch. He was laying with his head resting over the armrest and hand comfortably laying over his stomach as he slept.

The corners of my mouth lift in a soft smile and I tilt my head as I admire him.

"He's just a high-schooler."

"Even worse."

The conversation with Jungkook causes me to roll my eyes because it's moments like this that remind me how sweet and innocent Taehyung really is. He was a few years younger than us and most likely thinking about other things than guys our age would. As if anything could happen... as if I would even want anything to happen.

I realize that I've been staring too long at Taehyung and when I re-focus, he's no longer asleep. My eyes widen.

Taehyung gives me a smug smile before rolling over onto his stomach, his hair lifting a bit then falling over his eyes. "How long were you staring at me for?"

The warmth spreads across my cheeks as I trip over my words, "I-sorry... you just...you just looked so adorable and I... I couldn't help it..."

Taehyung studies my face before allowing his smile to take up space on his face, gently crinkling his nose. "Adorable, huh?"

Chewing on the inside of my cheek, I give him a tiny nod as I look towards the kitchen. "Um, I'm going to make us dinner now. Sorry, you must be hungry."

I head into the kitchen and wash my hands, glancing at Taehyung through the pass-through window, "It should be ready in an hour."

Taehyung plays with his hands for a bit, clearly in thought. Pushing up on his elbows, he helps himself off the couch, yawning as he starts to head up the stairs, arms stretched to the ceiling. "Okie Dokie, I'll be napping in my room."

I hum in confirmation and throw the apron over my head as I gather ingredients according to one of the recipes in mother's cookbook. After I place some spices down onto the counter, I look over my shoulder, checking if Taehyung was gone.

I nibble on my bottom lip before returning to cooking.

[ TAEHYUNG ]

Taehyung lazily kicks the door closed behind him before leaning against it, running his fingers through his hair. He clenches his jaw and averts his eyes to the side.

Adorable...

The word frustrated him. If there's anything Taehyung hates more than being under the shadow of his older brother, it was being called little terms of endearment. "Adorable" and "Cute" were never used to describe someone that was taken seriously. Then again, has he ever been?