11 | The temperature is rising

[ TAEHYUNG ]

[ TAEHYUNG ]

Taehyung let his emotions get the best of him. That's the only reason he got caught. Had he remained calm and collected, he could've come up with a cunning excuse for his behavior in the theater and Yoongi wouldn't be confronting him now.

Yoongi tilts his head, "You're the one who stole my phone."

Taehyung scoffs, surprised Yoongi came to that conclusion.

"Stole your phone?"

Yoongi dips his head, taking shelter under the building's roof and nods, digging into his pocket for a cigarette. "My memory's practically photographic. I remember you asking me for directions...and again at the crosswalk after the weekend. You know what else happened that weekend? I lost my phone and then found it. Shit, it's not hard to put two and two together."

Taehyung watches the elder light up his cigarette, unimpressed. "Congratulations."

Yoongi inhales the nicotine and exhales the smoke, turning slightly so the smoke wouldn't get in Taehung's face. "Don't mess with me, Taehyung. I have connections around this town, not the good kind if you can understand what I'm trying to get at."

Coward.

"Really? You're going to call a gang up on....what was it that you called me? Oh, right... 'a kid'."

"You're messing with my stuff, man. My phone...My girl," Yoongi scolds, eyes narrowing on him.

"She isn't yours," Taehyung growls through gritted teeth. She belongs to me.

Yoongi's eyes widen in amazement at Taehyung's boldness. "What? Do you have a thing for your stepsister? She's older than you, dude. Get someone in that little classroom of yours."

Taehyung takes a step closer, smirking at him, "Why would I do that? When I have no trouble getting who I want."

The scowl on his Yoongi's face deepens as he keeps his eyes locked with Taehyung's. Satisfied with his comment, Taehyung takes the cigarette out of Yoongi's mouth, tossing it to the floor and stepping on it.

"Let's end this conversation, yeah? Let's let Hanyi choose," he places his hand on Yoongi's shoulder and leans in to whisper beside his ear, "Like real men."

With a firm pat, he walks away.

[ HANYI ]

I rush home from the stop to find that Taehyung still hadn't made it back. The walk should have been faster, but that was only if he knew the shortcut. I debate whether to grab an umbrella and meet him halfway, but the way his eyes burned with anger stops me from doing so. It's the first time I've seen him angry.

I gulp down my guilt and climb up the stairs to my bedroom, heading to the window with my view of the front of the house. I pray that any minute now, I would see him walking down the street.