4 | Easier than I thought

【 TAEHYUNG】

【 TAEHYUNG】

While his classmates are busy chattering during their lunch break, Taehyung's staring out the window lost in thought. His seat overviews your university campus. The campus luckily right next door to his high school since the two were affiliated together.

Such a shame we won't get to walk together on those grounds.

"Taehyung..."

The boy continues fiddling with the pencil in his right hand as his eyes search around the campus, hoping to catch a glimpse of you. Uncalled for, an image of you with Jungkook pops up in his mind. Jungkook getting the chance to carry your backpack over his shoulder...

"Taehyung..."

Him being fed your lunch...

"Kim Taehyung...."

Him leaning in close to you and reaching for your hand as you studied together at one of the tables in the library...

"Ki-"

Taehyung snaps the pencil in his hand and turns to face the owner of the annoying voice.

"Jeon Somi!" He shouts back at his classmate.

She looks a bit flustered, a pink tint appearing on her cheeks. "You know my name?"

Taehyung raises an eyebrow at her and then points to her name tag.

She looks down at it and laughs awkwardly, "A-ah yeah, the name tag..."

"The name tag," Taehyung fake laughs with her, truly disinterested. He then raises a brow and fake smiles at her. "Is there anything I can do for you, today?"

She nods and puts down some papers in front of him.

"We heard that at your previous school you were the president of the math team?"

He rests his chin on the palm of his hand and closes his eyes. "And the debate team, photography club, the business leaders club, the chemistry team, national honor society...mhm."

Somi's eyes grow rounder in amazement. "Oh wow, well we reviewed your transcripts and we really would like you to join our Math team."

Taehyung leans back in his chair and crosses his arms. "Nah, I'm not about it anymore."

"Kim Taehyung," Somi places her hand on his desk, blinking in disbelief. "This will make your resume look amazing, how can you quit in your last year?"

He shrugs, "Easy, because I only did all that work because I was promised something in return...so uh check!"

He draws a checkmark in the air so close to Somi's face that she has to lean back a little. "What do you mean?"

"Check? Mission accomplished? Done?" Taehyung starts naming every synonym in the book, looking up at her with his chin still resting in his palm.

"That's not what I was asking," Somi does a light stomp and stands tall.