When You're Ready

Baby tell me when you're ready I'm waiting - Shawn Mendes

Jenna Waters and Peter Parker were in love, and quite frankly, everyone knew it

Jenna Waters and Peter Parker were in love, and quite frankly, everyone knew it. What a lot of people didn't know about were the arguments they had behind closed doors.... mostly about Peter's after school activities.

Jenna cupped Peter's black eye, placing the ice pack against it. It was his second black eye this month and she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in. "Jen... I'm fine." Peter assured her, placing his hand over hers.

"I know," she whispered "you just scare me."
Peter's face contorted into a frown. He hated seeing Jenna upset because of him and it had been happening a lot lately. There were more villains threatening her safety and more arguments between the couple. It was taking a toll on the both of them, but Jenna, only human, was taking it a lot worse.

Suddenly, something clicked in Peter.

He stepped away from the girl he loved. "I'm so sorry Jenna."

"What?" She asked, almost breathlessly. She could tell where the conversation was going, she just had no idea why. Sure more villains were popping up and they had their fair share of fights but they were in love...

"I can't keep doing this to you. I love you too much to put you in the way of danger. I just don't think I can do this anymore." He said looking down. But he looked back up at her when he added, "Maybe... maybe one day we can be together the way we should be." Tears began to well up in his eyes, Jenna on the other hand, was not so good at hiding her heartbreak.

Tears streamed down her face as she grabbed Peter's hands, "Even ten years from now, if you haven't found somebody I promise I'll be around... tell me when you're ready.... I'm waiting."