|| 006 ||

CHAPTER SIX: THE KING IS DEAD
SEASON 5A
VIKINGS | GAME OF THRONES
—- BURN THEM ALL —-

ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴠɪᴋɪɴɢs: ʙᴜʀɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀʟʟ
—- York is lost with Ivar as the victor and Viserya helps Alfred get away but not without being almost killed by Ivar, Gisela is to marrying Uhtred to protect her —-

ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴠɪᴋɪɴɢs: ʙᴜʀɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀʟʟ —- York is lost with Ivar as the victor and Viserya helps Alfred get away but not without being almost killed by Ivar, Gisela is to marrying Uhtred to protect her —-

___________________

WESSEX
2 WEEK TIME SKIP
FROM YORK BATTLE

    | WESSEX JUST DIDN'T FEEL THE SAME WITHOUT THERE TO ALFRED. It felt empty, like the very heart of the place had been ripped out. The poor prince missed his grandfather greatly but he knew in his heart, nothing was bringing him back. But the immediate decision subtly proposed by his mother to visit where his real father Athelstan lived would help.

Upon arriving, he found that that way of life wasn't the way he wanted to go—not wanting to follow in his father's footsteps. The only thing Alfred found himself doing was being mad at the person in charge there, for the grumpy old man refused to see life in another way.

But something ignited within Alfred, a will to be something different—to be a different king. He promised his grandfather that if he were to be made king, he would destroy all those who would dare ruin the England he had tried so hard to keep together...

Arriving back at Wessex, he was overwhelmed with the realization at how dire the issue had become with the Danes. Judith and Æthelred followed Æthelwulf into the hall where Alfred and many others had been waiting. King Æthelwulf walked up the middle to the seat and sat down while Judith took her place next Alfred and Æthelred stood to the other side.

" My lords, I have summoned this witan because it is now imperative that all of us recognize the new and urgent dangers we face," Æthelwulf raised his voice higher than those of the crowd.

" After the depredations brought to this island by the great heathen army, we might well have thought that the storm had passed. That great heathen army has proven just the precursor of more attacks. Now their raiding parties, their fleets, their armies come from everywhere. They attack Scotland and Ireland with impunity, and they attack us, like so many mad wolves, like stinging hornets swarming from north to south, east to west!"  He slammed his fist hard against the chair before pointing to the men below.

" But that's not the only thing we have to worry about. We have yet another issue, They are now a threat to every English kingdom. Once, they would sting us and quickly leave again. But now they stay! They winter on this land! They refuse to leave, unless paid to do so. York has a Viking stronghold and now Coccam has a stronghold by a some woman who calls herself the dragon queen!" King Æthelwulf got up taking a step forward towards the crowd of nobles—the heavy crown weighted upon his head.