|| 032 ||

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO : ' EYE FOR AN EYE '
SEASON 5B
VIKINGS | GAME OF THRONES
—- HEAVY IS THE CROWN —

' ᴏʜ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʟᴀᴍʙs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴡᴇʟᴘ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sʟᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴅᴇᴅ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ '

____________

WESSEX

      | IN THE FOLLOWING DAYS,  Viserya found herself eagerly and painfully awaiting for whatever this woman had to say- whether it be mere nonsense or not. Many would think she was insane, counting down the hours to every precise minute. This anxiety was eating her alive, she could not withstand to take the wait any longer.

Whereas Alfred, wasn't having it. He was hesitant at first. His very body shook at its core as she began to walk away with Finan trailing behind her like a lost puppy.

Alfred wanted to grab her and hold her back from it all, knowing she was to be faced with even more pain than she had already seen. He knew in his heart her families's story couldn't have ended well if she were sent away to an unknown land.

Viserya turned on her heel and held her hand up against his chest, stopping him from following her any further. " Alfred...my love, I am not a child. And you must understand that I have to do this." He closed his eyes for a moment and expressed a deep sigh. " And I will have Finan with me." But that didn't seem to heed at calming Alfred's shattered nerves.

Reluctantly, he swallowed his pride and stepped back, allowing Viserya to continue on her mission. It didn't take her long to find the dungeons- well of course, not without the help of the Alfred's eagle-eyed guards following her every move. As a group, they all wandered down the darkened and wet collider, lite with the tiniest candles to guide the way.

With one guard walking behind and the other leading the way- Finan and Viserya both found one another passing unsure glances.

To her better judgment, she left Sihtric and Osferth with Alfred as he was endlessly pondering back in forth upstairs. Viserya figured those two were good enough jokesters and could possibly calm her husband's nerves.

A couple more steps forward and they found themselves at a single cell wedged in a corner- being the dirtiest and most foul smelling of them all. The perfect place for one who decided to go against the crown.

Viserya was fighting her instincts. She wanted to kill the woman right then and there and be done with the filth- but she found the other side of judgement had already won. This woman must have known the Targaryens or at least the Starks and she desperately wanted to know what had befallen her family.