|| 012 ||

CHAPTER TWELVE: A DRAGON'S FATE
SEASON 5B
VIKINGS | GAME OF THRONES
—- BURN THEM ALL —-

ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴠɪᴋɪɴɢs: ʙᴜʀɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀʟʟ
—- Viserya and Alfred grow closer and she's baptized into the Christian faith, Aelswith and Alfred are to marry but not before Björn offers Viserya out as a deal, she vanishes into the woods —-

ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴠɪᴋɪɴɢs: ʙᴜʀɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀʟʟ —- Viserya and Alfred grow closer and she's baptized into the Christian faith, Aelswith and Alfred are to marry but not before Björn offers Viserya out as a deal, she vanishes into the woods —-

___________

WESSEX

| THE GATHERING ROOM NEVER FELT BETTER THAN IT DID NOW—as he closed himself away from the disgruntled crowd of nobles. But being able to sit there alone in ones thoughts was not destined for Beocca came in right after him and closed the door loudly. Of course, he was just awestruck as the others, out of the blue—the king is suddenly forfeiting his marriage to one to another.

Alfred slowly sat down and placed the old crown upon the table—before cradling his head into his hands. "I don't know what to do Beocca, everything seems to be tossed at me at once. I never thought I'd be king, so I was never taught for it."Alfred exhaled sharply as he finally found the strength to lift his head from his hands.

Beocca walked over to him, " I know my boy, everything seems to come at once no matter what is going on but, you must face it."

Alfred slowly looked up to him. " I don't know what to do Father Beocca, I feel as if I am stuck between two people—both that feel as if they would be needed for the kingdom." He spoke clearly before placing his head back into his hands—the desperation was clear.

Beocca only cleared his throat, " The people need a leader, someone who is stronger than Ragnar and lagertha but gentler than Ivar or Harold, Someone who can intimidate the high lords and inspire the people, One with a big army. One who is loved by millions, backed by the right family name." Alfred scoffed, " The church is already against me..."

Beocca gave him a look, " yes but who does your heart yearn for? " The young king glanced up at him. " I don't know.." he choked out but the old priest chuckled, " I believe you do my boy. I think you've already picked who." Alfred swallowed hard, still staring at Beocca who smiled, " You both may be as different as the moon and the sun, but you both need each other, Viserya needs you as much as you need her."

A slight smile formed upon Alfred lips as he sat there, his heart leaped forward as the sudden motion of her name.
Beocca fumbled around with his hands as he continued speaking.