|| 010 ||

CHAPTER TEN: THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM
SEASON 5B
VIKINGS | GAME OF THRONES
—- BURN THEM ALL —-

ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴠɪᴋɪɴɢs: ʙᴜʀɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀʟʟ
—- Viserya finds herself at odds when she is locked in her room all day away from the people, then only to find out her stepmother & brothers have showed up at Wessex's front door, Alfred makes claims to them all —-

__________________

WESSEX

    | THE HALLWAY FELT AS IF IT WERE AN ENDLESS TRAIL — like it would go on forever as they followed the two guards in front. The talking of the crowd grew louder and louder with each step they took closer. Both guards parted as they approached the entrance, leaving Viserya to walk in followed by Lagertha. Instantaneously, she went to place her arm upon the butt of the sword to rest only to realize, it was not there.

The not having her father's sword at her side unnerved her—carrying one had always been something Ragnar stressed deeply. Viserya awkwardly placed her arm back along her side before she continued on. With a survey of the room, of which most of the people had been sitted already with some sparking up discussion while others glanced in her direction only to quickly glance away. But there were some that stared her down in discomfort as she slowly walked down the aisle—ones that hated having the Norseman here. Viserya immediately noticed where Ubbe and Torvi were seated—poor them having to sit away from the rest of them.

Viserya then caught a glimpse of Finan and Sihtric up front, a smile slowly formed across the fine line of her lips. She hadn't fully talked or hung out with them since she had arrived here—for being stuck to her room most of the time. Sihtric was the first to noticed her as he perked up and did alittle dance which caused some of the nobleman to slightly jump in their seats. Judith just gave a displeasing look from afar. Finan took note of his movement and quickly turned to find her approaching to which he happily waved his hands around—as if she couldn't already see them.

Viserya then paused for a second and glanced back at Lagertha to which she nodded, " Go sit with your friends, I'll sit with Björn." She patted her back with reassurance before sitting down next to her eldest son. Viserya could feel Björn's eyes drilling holes into her back as she approached the front table. Then seeing Sihtric still hyper, she tapped her fingers on the table at him like a mother would do when disciplining her children, " Sit down you big goof." She chuckled. Sihtric did an over exaggerated bow to her before pointing to the spot next to him.

Alfred instantly perked up upon noticing her presence, " Lady Viserya," he called out. Viserya was inches away from sitting down when he called her, which made her paused for a minute— just eyeing Finan before she slowly turned to face Alfred. He was smiling like always. " King Alfred." She expressed, smiling. That's when she noticed the woman sitting beside him, someone she had not seen before. The long brown hair followed by elegant jewels and a long dress.

The girl possibly being a princess crossed her mind as she approached them. Of course, Judith was glaring at her as she walked up the stairs, whereas Æthelred had one arm outstretched on the table and the other with the elbow on the table. He slowly rubbed his index finger across his lips as he watched her, seeming to look her up and down yet again. Viserya just ignored them, keeping her eyesight on Alfred.