|| 020 ||

CHAPTER TWENTY: THE PAIN WE ENDURE
SEASON 5B
VIKINGS | GAME OF THRONES
—- BURN THEM ALL —-

CHAPTER TWENTY: THE PAIN WE ENDURE SEASON 5B VIKINGS | GAME OF THRONES—- BURN THEM ALL —-

" A queen will always turn pain into power.."

______________

WESSEX

      | VISERYA STOOD STILL BESIDE AELSWITH AND HILD while Judith and Ethelflaed stood to the other side. The calming tone of the priest as he recited verses echoed throughout the hall—which in some effort did calm everyone's nerves. Viserya watched Æthelred's coffin as it was lowered into the burial chamber, silent sobs of his wife soon followed. It dawned on the on the dragon queen, that could have will been her, at windy there bawling her eyes out as Alfred could have been the one being lowered.

Viserya felt for her for once, she understood her pain. The feeling of losing someone—a husband especially. Viserya didn't know if Alfred would ever come back to her and it scared her. Æthelred could have killed Alfred on battlefield but he didn't, he could have killed her at the meeting but he didn't.

He couldn't. As much as she hated him, he didn't hurt her or Alfred and she could no longer feel the hate for him anymore. Viserya could see Judith in the corner of her eye, the side glances she gave at her, even through the tears. Viserya finally acknowledged her, clasping her hands even tighter in front of her as she watched Judith in all her falseness.

She knew Judith had to have done it, she was the only one there with him. The old queen did nothing but look back down to the lifeless body of her son.

The sudden gasps broke out amongst the crowd, but Viserya was too fixed on Judith. Hild grabbed Viserya's arm furiously, " Lady it's Alfred, he lives!" She frantically whispered. Viserya immediately turned and there he was walking slowly up the aisle. The priest stopped talking and looked over, his expression changed as well.

Viserya felt a sigh of relief wash over her, her heart skipped a beat as she rushed forward to his side. She linked her arm with his as he mustered a smile at her. But then he looked back around all the people confused, " who are burying in such fine style?"

She lowered her head and squeezed his arm as she held on to him not wanting to tell him what happened. Judith looked up as a tear fell down her cheek. " Your Brother." She echoed out.

Viserya could feel Alfred's body tense up, the shakes started, emitting deep from within his chest as they walked up the stairs. Viserya closed her eyes as a tear fell down, she couldn't bare to see Alfred hurt. She only reopened her eyes when Alfred slowly unlinked his arm from hers and walked over to the burial. A gently gasp arose from within as he looked down at his brother's lifeless body. He slowly then looked to his mother.