|| 025 ||

CHAPTER TWENTY- FIVE: DEATH OF ONE QUEEN
REBIRTH OF ANOTHER
    A FATHER'S BLESSING
    < PART 2 >

SEASON 5B
VIKINGS | GAME OF THRONES
—- BURN THEM ALL —

Previously on Vikings: Burn Them All
—- Judith is about to die, and Viserya learns some interesting news —-

" When one queen dies,
Another will rise to take her place.."

_____________

_____________

WESSEX

     | ALFRED WAS IN THE SAME KNEELING POSITION he was in before when she came in. His hands wrapped delicately around his mother's hand as she was slowly slipping away. Without hesitation, Viserya walked hastily pass the crying maidens to take her place right beside him again. She stared down at Judith, watching as her chest slowly rose up and down. Lagertha was now there as well, standing beside the bed where Aelswith stood to the right of her—both sharing the same look.

  Judith slowly opened her eyes once more, glancing over to Viserya as she took in another deep breath. A weak half smile formed upon her sickly face as her eyes lingered down to Viserya's belly for just a moment before slowly traveling back up to met her amber eyes.

She lingered there before her pale blue eyes adjusted back to the ceiling as she calmly exhaled--her chest slowly decompressing. It was slow and dragged on as her breath slowly escaped. Then it was silent, Judith's body relaxed and went completely still. Alfred paused and moved closer to examine.

Viserya's breathing started to pace as she looked to Judith's chest for any movement but there was none. The chest did not rise up once again like it was supposed to. Her eyes didn't blink nor move, they were just frozen in time as they were fixed upon the ceiling. Alfred slightly turned to the side as he whimpered out a hushed cry. He tried his best to regained himself and leaned over gently to close her eyes. A little tear slowly made its way down his cheek as he swallowed the pain.