|| 024 ||

CHAPTER TWENTY- FOUR: DEATH OF ONE QUEEN
REBIRTH OF ANOTHER
    A FATHER'S BLESSING
    < PART 1 >

SEASON 5B
VIKINGS | GAME OF THRONES
—- BURN THEM ALL —

Previously on Vikings: Burn Them All

—— It is discovered Viserya is carrying Alfred's child and that Aelswith is possible pregnant with Finan's child. Ubbe returns victorious but not before he is badly beaten,
Judith is on her death bed ——

 Ubbe returns victorious but not before he is badly beaten,Judith is on her death bed ——  

___________________

WESSEX

       | THE CHURCH BELLS RANG IN A PEAL. The first chime of the bells sent the flock of birds cooing and flapping violently away from the greyed and weathered building of the church. Each slow chime echoed through the cavernous inner hall of the castle, and surrounding buildings, reverberating off the ancient stone, bouncing between each room and hallway before finally laying back to rest upon the altar.

Normally the bells would signal a service or perhaps something along of that sort. But the chime that echoed through the castle had a saddened tone rather than melodic one. There was the familiar tenseness in the air—the one of death.

The rings sounded back in forth in Viserya's eardrums as she stood beside Alfred. He kneeled down beside his dying mother—the lord only knows she was trying to hold on but was slowly losing the fight.

The little whispers and sniffles slightly filled the room from maidens crying for their dying queen. Viserya tried her best to keep her composure even when the elements were against her and even when the hatred she had for Judith was trying to shine through.

She clasped her hands tightly in front of her as she glanced to the floor—trying to avoid looking at her. As much as she held a grudge against Judith, it hurt her to see him in pain once again. Alfred held his mothers hand in his, slowly running his thumb back in forth over the top as he was trying to desperately block out the noise her chest was making as it rose.

Viserya knew in her heart he was trying everything to not break down. To not lose against the walls he built up just so he could take being king. She knew the pain he felt all too well once again, though she never truly meant Daenerys, she still felt the pain of not having her there. Everyday she prayed that perhaps one day she would see her mother, but the lord had other plans.

Judith slowly turned her head towards Alfred, the very energy draining from her as she did. She pursed her lips and he leaned in closer, " Alfred." She weakly whispered out. He squeezed her hand tighter as he blinked his eyes quickly, trying to rid them of the tears that now invaded. He swallowed hard before slightly turning, his face just barely showing over his shoulder, " I wish to speak to my mother alone..." Viserya glanced over to Aelswith, wandering if this was a good idea or not.