|| 030 ||

CHAPTER THIRTY : ' THE DAY OF RECKONING '
SEASON 5B
VIKINGS | GAME OF THRONES
—- HEAVY IS THE CROWN —

| | ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴠɪᴋɪɴɢs: Heavy is the Crown | |

➺ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ɪs ʜᴏsᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴠɪsᴇʀʏᴀ ᴍᴇᴇᴛs ʟᴏʀᴅ ᴏsᴡᴀʟᴅ's ᴀʟᴅᴇʀᴍᴀɴ; ʟᴏʀᴅ ᴏᴅᴅᴀ. ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ᴘʟᴀʏs ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ɪs ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇᴅ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɪᴅᴇɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ...

 ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ᴘʟᴀʏs ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ɪs ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇᴅ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɪᴅᴇɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ

______________

WESSEX

| IT WAS AS IF LIFE HAD ALL HAPPENED WITHIN THAT SPLIT SECOND OF TIME—as if it all had sped up with the snap of a finger instead of slowing down. One minute everyone was laughing and drinking then in the next, chaos erupted as men shouted in commands of worry and women screamed while placing themselves behind the tables.

Food and platters scattered to the floor for some of the nobles had other ideas to rush from their seats as the sudden notion of a knife appearing frightened them. Whereas others had gotten themselves so worked up, they puked up the contents of their stomach.

The Saxon guards that were posted throughout the room came marching down the center aisle, their armor plating of silver that looked awfully familiar to that of fish scales bounced up and down with each step. In the hands of the guards rested the swords, ready to strike. They shouted commands to one another and the nobles before they honed in on Uhtred calling out to them.

The atmosphere inside transformed from peaceful to absolute hatred but not just any hatred—it were the kind that could entangled one like a snake does its prey—suffocating them slowly. It hung low in the pungent air of assorted foods and wine with the unpleasant take of puke thrown in. But on top of all of those laid a smell far worse and one no body ever wants to smell. The scent of metallic took to the air, the scent of blood...

Viserya was in a situation she had never wanted to found herself in again—one in life or death. But she were not fighting only for herself, but for her unborn child as well. Her mother instincts and adrenaline took over as she attempted to break free by reaching her arms out to meet the woman. No one but her could save herself from this impending doom. She heard the guards yelling commands and the rushing of feet behind her, but it all mellowed together as the sound of her heart beat thumped in her ear.