ten

hostage

Sasha's P.O.V ~

yet another month later

"The fair Mercedes, really?"

I send Baron a playful glare as I slowly pull in to the free parking spot with my name written all over it.

"Mommy mommy! We're at the fair!" Teddy squeals, his excitement bubbling out of him.

Baron stops his protest and even throws on what seems to be a small smile at Ted's show of appreciation.

"He's happy Corbin, you should learn from that."

Baron rolls his eyes and unbuckles his seatbelt, opening the backseat for me to reach in and grab Ted out of.

Once all settled, we make our way to the lively party ahead. I can only hope this goes as well as last months dinner did.

Ever since then Baron has been putting so much work in to making this happen.

Every weekend he either goes out with Ted and I, takes Ted and I out, or comes over to hang out with Ted and I- usually watching Disney movies that he absolutely despises.

Though that's when my lovely husband is not present.

Yes, they still can't coexist- and yes, I'm frustrated.

We'll work on it, eventually...

~~~

"Watch and learn kid." Baron says with a smirk before taking the three given darts and hitting a bullseye with each one.

What the?

Ted squeals in delight as the man in a pinstriped suit hands him the big koala bear as his prize.

I'm too occupied with admiring Ted's happy aura that I don't see Baron have another go.

Surprise surprise, three bullseyes once again.

I shake my head with a smile and blush red when he hands me the plush rose with a twisty stem.

"Matches your blush. Well, on we go." He says with a smug look as he proceeds onward.

Oh my, I have a feeling today's gonna be a long day.

A long and eventful day...

~~~

We ran, fast.

None of us expected it to pour this hard, but it did.

I can't help but giggle as we all rush to the car together.

I didn't even have time to think, Baron pulled me to his left side and hauled Ted up on his right, doing his best to rush us to the car.

"Whew." I breathe out as we hastily open the door and buckle Ted up before rushing to the front seats.

He insisted on driving this time, knowing I get anxious when steering through rainstorms.

"You good?" He breathes out once settled in, looking over at me.

Dark orbs to light.