twelve

careful with that axe, jack
I. the birthing of ophelia

Sasha's P.O.V ~

"Mmm." I groan as I stretch awake in the arms of my husband.

I feel warm, really warm.

"Morning sweetheart." His voice is more raspy than normal. I look up at him and frown,

"Are you okay love?"

He shrugs and clears his throat as his hand travels down the curve of my back,

"I'm fine."

I sigh and sit up, looking down at him- observing.

His nose has red coloration alongside his eyes, his lips look slightly chapped, his face is puffy.

Aw, my hubby is sick.

I smile softly and place my hand against his forehead.

"Someone has the common cold."

He groans loudly and gets up out of bed, "I told you I'm fine- come on babe we have to get down to the gym."

I stand up and place my hands on my hips, "Oh no, you aren't going anywhere. You're sickly, you need to rest."

He rolls his eyes and goes to say something sarcastic I assume but an attack of coughs interrupts him.

I sigh and lead him back down to the bed before grabbing some cold medicine from my purse and forcing him to drink it.

"I-I'm fine Sash. Come on."

I shake my head,

"I know damn well you don't want me calling mama Lopez, so follow wife's orders and rest."

He smiles, "Fine but don't let me hold you back from doing what you have to do."

I roll my eyes,

"One day of skipping the gym isn't going to affect m-"

"No Sash, I'm not gonna let you risk getting sick and waste time takin' care of me all day. I'll be fine, I can take care of myself- go."

I frown, "Are you sure?" He nods, "Positive sweetheart. But you're letting me go pick Teddy up from the bastards house, alright?"

I can't help but smile at his reference and nod, "Fine."

Ah yes, Baron.

The same Baron who is taking care of the baby right now.

I figured they needed some father-son bonding time without me in the equation.

He's doing so well.

As I scurry around and pack my gym bag, I don't forget to leave a pouting Seth a soft kiss on the head.

"Promise me you'll stay in bed?" He glares at me and nods which makes me giggle before heading off.

To the gym I go...

~~~

The gym is fairly empty, surprisingly, when I arrive.

The smell of citrus cleaner and leather fills my senses and motivates me to begin my workout.

After childbirth, my body changed drastically- dramatically even. My self esteem did plummet a bit after that but my lovely husband was there to comfort me enough to feel beautiful.