*Chapter 1*

Chapter One

Billy Black was a good man, a nurturing father to his three children and a loving husband to his late wife Sarah Black. Yet there were many secrets that surrounded the now wheelchair bound man, things that only a selected few knew, something that not even his bestest of friends Charlie Swan was aware about. It was an awful year, a miserable existence really when his wife died, in all suddenness there was a big gap in their hearts that could not never be filled , even after many years has passed. The home that they once loved was filled with emptiness, the reason that drove his two daughters away from Forks, only leaving his youngest child Jacob behind.

Oh how bittersweet it was when his Rachel came back home, but the happiness was soon washed away when she came home with a man named John. Billy tried to be accepting, but there was just something about him that he disliked . Perhaps it was because he was from the city, as he found him very ignorant of all the traditions he has instilled in his children, or the fact that he already has gotten her pregnant without marriage. There was something about John.

He begged his daughter to stay with him after, not wanting to be apart from her life anymore, and she really did considered. Nevertheless, John has persuaded her to move to a far away place, leaving the old man heartbroken. They married soon after, sending him a small wedding card with a picture of them smiling, her belly big and round, thinking that it would provide him with some relief. But tragedy has always found its way to him when John called, his voice quivering, in the background was the cries of a baby, and Billy did not hear his daughter's sweet voice anymore.

When he has told him of the news, he hang up then, feeling that the gap in his heart grew bigger. After that, the new father had attempted to contact him, but Billy has stopped answering all together, with his daughter gone, their connection was broken. After that, he did try some more, but grew weary and left him alone.

Bitterness ruled over his life for many years, with it regret, perhaps things would have been different if he was welcoming. The years that came by giving him more wisdom and understanding, he was wrong, and Rachel would have not become distant if he accepted the relationship that made her happy. With all the regret he could still not bring himself to apologize, whether it was because of shame or pride or both.But Now it seems that the world had favoured him at last when he came to town all on his own accord , with him was his only granddaughter.

He wanted to weep as his eyes fell upon Rowan, she looked so much like Rachel and Sarah. The old man wondered if she was as sweet and kind as them too, and he rejoiced in the fact that he has the opportunity to find out.The soft brown eyes looked at him anxiously, hiding at the back of her father, the child was fully grown now. Thirteen and 5 feet tall and 3 inches she claimed proudly, Jacob was already fond of her, though their ages was not far with Jacob being only sixteen, he felt like he was an older brother to her. The boy was only two when his mother and sister passed away, and Rebecca his remaining sister has since then moved to Hawaii with a husband of her own.There was only the two of them left, but with them moving in to Forks , perhaps it would help the loneliness that he knew Jacob always felt.

''Rowan is a pretty name'' he said as he sat straighter in his wheelchair, the teen smiled at him and Billy fell further in love with her, his heart feeling warm, seemingly removing the darkness that clouded his life. ''My name is Billy Black, as you already know,I'm your grandfather''

''Row, say hi to your grandfather'' John said with a smile, already pleased with his father's in law's already obvious affections towards his daughter, the glint of his eyes with unspeakable joy was very hard to miss. He knew then that they would take good care of his daughter, and from what he has heard, they were also good friends with the chief police in town. The assurance of her safety removed all doubts of his, the work that was offered was in Seattle, which he at first never considered, but now it seems possible.

The awkwardness was fast forgotten as they dined together, Rowan loved the fish fry that Harry Clearwater had made, and she ate greedily, even taking some from Jacob's plate to his dismay. She only had to smile at him, and instantly Jacob forgave her, even willingly giving her more of his food. After, the teen has settled quickly in her room, the same one that her mother used to have, it was summer so she has all the time to put all her things away, and with that thought she was swept away swiftly by sleep.

They all came to understand, especially Billy Black, that time does in fact heal all wounds.

------------------------------‐-----------------------
Hi guys, just a disclaimer. I've seen a lot of comments about the age difference and I understand the confusion lol Paul is the same age as Jacob , I dont exactly remember all the exact details but I believe the age difference is 2 years. They dont start dating until later when she's much older ^_^ sorry about the confusion!