*Chapter 9*

''Are you really going to go and do a project?'' Jacob asked, amused as Rowan's dress was still visible underneath the huge coat she was wearing. ''Yeah-of course'' she said, walking a bit faster.

''Don't lie now, it's so obvious'' he laughed, catching up to her and pointing out the red frills coming out of the collar of the coat. 

''Fine, I'm going to a party, alright'' Rowan unbuttoned her coat and showed Jacob. ''Alice gave this one to me, for Bella's birthday'' Jacob frowned, not liking the idea of Rowan spending time with the Cullens.

''Oh you're going to get in trouble, young lady'' she grinned at him, not knowing the consequences. ''Bella's there, and besides Edward and his family are nice to me. Except the blonde girl, she always looks so angry at me and Bella'' It was a shame really, Rosalie was so beautiful, but she always looked so mad at everything. Everyone was afraid to come near her.

''Row, you don't know anything about them'' he said, grabbing her arm and effectively stopping her.

''Ok, you always say that,'' she said, '' I like them, and besides I don't understand why you and grandpa dislikes them so much. I've heard that Mr. Carlisle is a doctor that helped a lot of people, and donated to many charities''

Jacob sighed, looking around the area. It was only the two of them , and so he spoke. ''Dad was supposed to tell you himself today, but the plan didn't work'' Rowan stayed silent, waiting for him to continue.

''Quileute tribe, well, we are allegedly descended from wolves,'' he said ''The Cullens were the enemy of our clan, but they say that they were different and so our ancestors made an agreement with them''

''Go on'' she said, encouraging him.Jacob saw that Rowan looked confused , finding it hard to understand what he was saying.

''They can't enter our lands or else, we would expose them'' she bit her lips first,seeing him so serious,  she struggled hard to control the laughter that she knew would come. After a second, she bursted into laughter, her eyes almost tearing.

''It's not funny Row, it's a real story'' Rowan patted his shoulders, grinning. ''Yeah , sure. It's a nice story, but it's been a long time right? So why don't we let bygones be bygones?''

Pointing at the truck, Rowan spoke, not wanting Jacob to elaborate more on his story''Look that's Bella's truck, you don't need to pick me up okay? I'll just ask her to drop me a block away, then I'll walk home' '

Jacob sighed and wave her goodbye. "Oh Jake, please don't snitch on me alright , or I'll tell Bella interesting things about you"She warned, her hazel eyes watching him carefully. ''Fine'' he replied, defeated, knowing that her threats were valid.

'' I'll still pick you up alright, just call me, I'll come'' he insisted.

Rowan tiptoed to reach him, pinching his cheeks. ''You're the best uncle ever!'' she exclaimed and Jacob gave her a lopsided smile. ''I'm your only uncle'' he said, rubbing his cheeks. '' I know, actually I think dad has siblings, don't know where they are though. Oh well, see you later Jakeyy..'' Excited, she sprinted towards the parked truck , it was a couple of yards away from her.

Victoria was thirsty, running along Forks was a hard thing to do, she was hunted by both wolves and vampires. Smiling to herself, she found it thrilling. To be hunted gave her so much satisfaction, if only James was around, he has always been the best hunter. Anger and revenge flooded her again, remembering her fallen mate. She needed to kill the human, it was the fair thing to do . Ready to flee towards Seattle again, the vampire was hit by a sweet smelling blood, founding it intoxicating. Not as tempting as Bella's but good nonetheless. ''Poor girl'' she said, ready to drain her blood completely, catching sight of a young looking girl running alone in the dark. However, in the dark , she could see a familiar orange truck.

Hiding in the woods , she watched. The familiar brunette hair emerged, giving the other girl a hug. ''Happy Birthday again!'' she said, as Bella started the engine. Victoria stepped forward, ready to pounce at the two, already imagining things that she would do to them, and the screams that she would elicit from them.  

Suddenly, Victoria became overwhelmed with an unseen presence. It could have not been the Cullens, she was sure they couldn't enter this territory. This was different, and with her enhanced sense of danger, she knew she had to leave. Forgetting the human, she ran, her feet running by its own.Taking off, she had seen the creatures again, they varied in height and colors.

She waved at them leisurely before running, taunting them as she did so, jumping from tree to tree and enjoying seeing them collide with each other. Stupid dogs. Completely losing them, Victoria thought of the girl , perhaps knowing about her would serve her great purpose.