*Chapter 16*

The beeping of the machines rang through his ears, and it made everything seemed more real. The nurse checked Rowan's vitals, writing something in her little notepad. "The doctor is coming shortly"

"Thank you" Jacob said, reaching over to the railing and gently removing some of the hair that was covering Rowan's eyes. "What did you do Row" he wanted to shake and screamed at her for doing something so stupid, but seeing her like this , it tugged at his heart. Jacob never seen her this pale and lifeless.

''It's okay , Rowan it's okay'' Jacob, holding her hands, attempting to calm the teen. She had just starting regaining her consciousness. Her eyes were wide in an instant, her mouth open in horror, and tears were already pooling around her eyes. Darting her eyes frantically, she still see the forest before her, and her heart raced like it did before. She felt confused and restrained. She wanted to rise and run away. 

'' I'm here'' Jacob said, gripping her hand tighter, seemingly pulling her out from her hallucination.

''Jake?'' she whispered, finally seeing his face. She reached over to embrace him, not caring that she was tugging on the iv. She wept uncontrollably against him as he patted her back gently. Rowan refused to let go of him after, clinging unto him tighter. Wanting to be closer to him, she tugged more forcefully, wincing as the pain of the iv being removed surprised her.

''Miss, we need to get the iv back'' The nurse said, looking at her hand which bled a little. The nurse left the room for a moment and came back with a new set of needles. ''Row, the nurse needs your hand'' Jacob said gently, as the nurse attempted to reach for her.

''No!'' Rowan said, trying to get away from the nurse. Carlisle arrived suddenly, still dressed in casual clothing.

''I can take over from here Ciara'' he said calmly, and the nurse eyed him. ''Doctor, I thought last week was your last day?'' she asked disapprovingly but didn't protest as she didn't want to deal with the distressed girl. There were so many patients to deal with already and she hasn't finished making her rounds.

''Should we give her some sedative?'' The nurse suggested, the girl hasn't calmed down yet, and is not cooperating.

Carlisle shook his head, dismissing her idea. '' No, she doesn't need one. Please assist the other patients, I will deal with this one'' The nurse left them, closing the door behind her. 

''Jasper' 'Carlisle said and Jasper nodded in understanding. Rowan finally withdrew from Jacob, feeling herself relaxed. Did they give her the sedative?

''Is the driver still alive?'' she asked, gripping the handle beside the bed. ''Yes, he is alive'' Carlisle said and Rowan felt better. She thought that both of them wouldn't make it. 

''Where's Charlie, I need to tell him what I saw'' she said trying to rise in a sitting position, but felt dizzy afterwards.

''Easy now'' Jacob said, wrapping his arms around her and assisting her.

''Charlie thought it would be best to wait for you to recover, so he could get a more accurate description of what had happened'' Rowan looked up, her eyes wide. '' I know what I saw, it was a redhead woman and a huge wolf. The woman, she was eating the driver'' she tried her best to sound firm and strong, she had to let them know that she wasn't crazy. It didn't help that they looked like they weren't convinced ''Her eyes were red, and she was so strong. She didn't feel human''

''You've hit your head hard, it can lead to hallucinations'' Carlisle said and Rowan felt angry. '' I know what I saw, I'm not crazy'' she glanced back at Jacob, who looked concerned. ''I am not crazy, Jake tell him' 'she said defensively, feeling irritated again. The machine started beeping, her heart rate increasing exceedingly.

''Alright, let's tell Charlie that once you recovered alright'' Carlisle said, placing a hand on her shoulder. ''I'm not crazy'' she said again, feeling herself wanting to cry again. Why don't they believe her?

''I know'' Carlisle said, smiling at her kindly. ''Can you please be a good girl for me and let me put the IV back? It will help with the pain'' she nodded, lying back at the bed again, offering her arm freely to the doctor.

Rowan didn't want to see the needle going on so she looked around, and met many eyes staring at her. It made her feel more vulnerable and weak. Her grandfather looked angry and upset, and Rowan wanted to hide.

''Rowan'' Billy said, his voice louder than usual, his jaw clenching.

''Billy' 'Carlisle warned, not wanting to agitate the teen.

The older man shut his eyes tightly, attempting to calm down. Moving towards her granddaughter, he reached over and held her hand. ''How are you feeling Row?'' She smiled, and placed her hand above his. ''I feel like I've been hit by a truck , but I'm just glad to be alive'' Bill chuckled, returning her smile. ''We all are''

''Where's Paul?'' she asked suddenly , feeling worried that he has been hurt.

''I've sent him home' 'Billy said, recalling how difficult it has been, but the hospital is not exactly welcoming of large wolves. He has been restless enough , and angry too. Sam and Billy didn't want to take chances. Jacob moved away to call the others, just to give them an update of her condition.

''I want to see him'' Rowan said quietly. 

''I will ask him to visit you sometimes'' Billy replied, sighing heavily, thinking of other things that he had to deal with. John didn't know what had happened yet, and Billy feared that he might take Rowan away from them.