*Chapter 31*

Rowan cupped her bright red face. Since she had kissed Paul, the warmth has never left her, if it was ever possible, it felt hotter as time goes by. It seems that everyone in the pack knew of what had happened already: Jacob left abruptly with an angry scowl in his face, Embry and Quil smiling widely as they nudge each other, Emily and Sam congratulating Paul with a pat on his shoulder , Seth remained speechless in his own little corner and the final one  - Jared, who thought that it was the greatest idea to announce it to everyone present in the tribal meeting. Paul and Rowan sitting on a tree, k-i-s-s-i-ng he teased. Poor Grandpa, he wanted to chase Paul away, but couldn’t.  Rowan never seen him this red in the face, if he was any younger, he would probably kill Paul.

Paul was frozen for some time, still unable to believe what had happened. It might be a dream, it must be,he was never this  blissful. But soon after, he recovered and went back to the same Paul that everyone knew, smug and funny. He started by chasing Jared and when he overtook him, gave him the playful beating of his life.  Rowan didn’t think it was a joke, Jared groans of pain made it obvious but the others did not seem to care- well except Kim of course,  biting her nails as she watched.

Emily smiled fondly, thinking that finally, Rowan and Paul did not run away from the inevitable anymore.  Sam held her hand as he stood closer to her, placing his chin right above her head. “They took the longest, didn’t they?” A day after Jared imprinted on Kim, they almost jumped into one another’s arm, Sam and Emily took months but Paul and Rowan took more than a year.

Emily laughed, nodding in agreement. “They made it so complicated, if they could only see how perfectly simple it is”

“They aren’t exactly the most natural pair,” Sam laughed as he recalls Paul asking him for an advice. “At least we have found someone that can handle Paul”

“Really? I think Rowan can be a handful too” The pair watched as the whole tribe had fun chatting and catching up with the other members. With the additional patrol that Sam has placed, it was hard to just relax anymore. There has been more phasing in the pack , triggered by the numbers of animal attacks in Seattle. They grow closer and closer to Forks each day. It didn’t scare them, they were prepare to fight, but there was a nagging feeling on all of the pack that something big and awful  was going to happen. They feel on edge whenever they are separated from their imprintees, their protectiveness only increasing.

“Just go, I’ll see you tomorrow” Rowan said, pushing the still cheerful Paul. His eyes were still bright and his smile almost never left his lips the whole night. “Get all the rest you can get because tomorrow we will leave after you come home from school !,” he said , leaning close. “Good night and sleep tight” smirking at her astonished face, he moved back.

“You have no shame Paul” Jacob said, appearing behind Rowan. “Well, I have to leave now. Your guard dog is here. Advance happy birthday”

Jacob glared at Paul until he finally leave their residence. “Jake, ease up on the glaring. Still don’t like Paul?” she said, closing the door behind them. “Oh I like Paul..just not with you. You have no idea Row, we share what we are thinking twenty-four hours a day. It’s disgusting!”

“Don’t you hear Jared’s and Sam’s thought too?” she reasoned, what could Paul possibly think that made it so disgusting?

“Yeah, but it’s not with my niece. It’s just gross” he explained closing his eyes tightly, shuddering to himself as he climbed up the stairs and went inside his bedroom to sulk.

“So, the party is done?” John said, his eyes never leaving the television screen. “Yes, sorry about that dad. It’s for the tribe members only” Rowan moved closer to him and gave him a kiss on the cheeks. “So is Paul your boyfriend now?”turning off the tv, he glanced at Rowan. “Well--I guess?” There was no formal proclamation on both of their part, but it can be assumed that they’re not just friends.