*Chapter 15*

Victoria heard a howl of a lone wolf, and her senses told her to flee. Looking around her , she tried to choose a direction, but couldn't, all direction felt dangerous. The scent of dogs overwhelming her wherever she goes. It was now impossible to jump from tree to tree like she was used to, carrying an unconscious girl  and a man made it virtually impossible. With regret, she dropped the girl from above first, wishing that it would do her damage. A broken wrist was not enough for the trouble she had to go through for this. Dropping the driver after, she took the girl's bags, planning on spreading them across the area as she flee.

Rowan suddenly gained consciousness, and when she did, she drew out a loud gasp.The leaves made sounds as the wind attacked it relentlessly, and Rowan shivered against the harshness of the cold. Every inch of her body ached, there were pain that she has never felt before.Feeling that her head was damped, she shakily reached her hand up to inspect. The darkness surrounded her, adding to her already heightened fear and anxiousness, thankfully there were some light provided by the moon. When she drew her hand back to her, she panted hard, the familiar scent and color of blood overwhelmed her senses.

''Oh my gosh'' she said, her heart started racing, and suddenly she found that it was difficult for her to breathe. Making an effort to move, she winced, feeling the pain in her head worsening. It felt like someone was hammering her head.

''Please help'' she cried out, giving all of her strength to scream, but all that came were faint whimpers.

Only having consciousness for a short time, she found herself dizzy again, feeling the inevitable of herself blacking out . She tried to push herself up with her arms after, but she didn't have the strength to follow through, her vision blurred at the slightest of effort. Giving up and letting her eyes wander, her eyes landed on something close to her. He was lying on his back, motionless, and though the shadow hid the identity of the man, Rowan had a hunched that she knew who it was. She raised her hand to her lips, wanting to wail, but not able to.

She crawled towards him, flipping herself over so that her face was directly on the ground, the dirt staining her face. ''Are you okay?'' she said, moving closer and closer. She stirred him gently, her hand feeling more damp as she made contact with his skin, checking his pulse , she found it faint. Slow and almost non-existent, but it was there. The man didn't wake though, adding to Rowan's panic, now she's all alone to fight the psycho that did this to them.

There were howling in the forest, and Rowan sobbed suddenly, her chest rising rapidly. '' They're going to eat us, wake up! '' she said, stirring the man harshly this time. It was wolves, multiple ones, they sounded very hungry too. If they were to feast on them, nothing would be left.

It must be the killer in Forks, the animal attacks they spoke of, and now both of them would be added to the list of victims. Perhaps the woman was the owner, and she would kidnap people to feed the hungry wolves.Looking around again, and she noticed that none of their belongings were there anymore, and she felt utterly helpless. She hugged herself, trying her best to be positive. Jacob would come, she knew he would, and then everything would be back to normal.

There were sudden crunching sounds that Rowan heard, it sounded of a big animal stomping and crushing the leaves. It sounded near enough. She used her legs to kick against the ground below her, attempting to move away from the threat. ''I'm so stupid'' she said, regretting her foolish actions. What made her think it was a good idea? Now she doesn't think she would be able to see her father anymore, and all of that because she didn't want him remarrying.

''No signs of her yet, her clothes are spread all over the forest, her scent too'' Sam said through their linked mind, it was tricky to locate the missing girl, the bloodsucker wanted it to be difficult for all of them.

''Not here'' Jared said , as the other pack members echoed the same response. ''Where is she'' Embry asked, though he knew he wouldn't get the answer he was looking for.

'' She's alive, Alice confirmed it'' Esme said frowning.

''Victoria knew she had limited time,'' Carlisle said, running towards another direction. ''She abandoned Rowan somewhere in this area''

Paul separated from the rest , blinded by his fury, he found it hard to concentrate. He had to find her.

''Paul!'' Sam cried out as he saw him leaving the group . ''She's not there'' Paul didn't listen however and went on his way, his teeth baring disobediently. Sam should have not let him defy him just like that, but he felt how erratic his behavior has been since Rowan has gone missing, Paul had no control over himself anymore. His emotions ran high, clouding his judgement.

''Why is he going the wrong way?'' Jared asked. '' Just let him be'' Sam replied, moving fast with the Cullens.

Paul ran aimlessly, feeling the adrenaline running through his body, his mind was restless. Many scenarios ran through his head, and it made him growl loudly in anger.

Like a miracle, he heard soft whimpers, and with a sigh of relief he searched for the source. There she was curled on the ground shaking, Paul could swear that he felt her pain too. The scent of blood was hard to miss.He moved forward , revealing himself but Rowan just moved backwards, fearful of him. The scent of her blood enraged Paul, but it didn't have a hold on him that it used to, he didn't want her to be scared of him. He rejoiced as he heard how loud her heart was beating, she's alive, he felt glad finally, after a long time.

I don't want to hurt you, he wanted to say, but couldn't in his current form. Retreating back, he took his clothes that he has brought for himself, he didn't plan on revealing his secret just yet, not now that she's traumatized. Closing his eyes tightly, he forced himself to relax, and it worked, though he didn't expect it to. Not wasting anymore time he ran towards her.

Rowan's eyes were now playing tricks on her, the wolf was gone and now there was a figure of a man approaching. What happened to the wolf and the woman? Was all of this real? She groaned as her body reminded her how real it was, her head pounding still.

''Paul?''she whispered, her eyes widening. Was it really him? It looked like him. Paul walked forward, his face illuminated underneath the moonlight. Rowan never expected that she would be ever glad to see peanut face, but seeing someone familiar, even if she disliked him, she felt awfully glad.

 Paul didn't say anything at first , only approaching near and assessing her wounds. Rowan grabbed unto his shoulder suddenly, ignoring the shooting pain in her wrist as she sobbed openly now. The dirt on her face was almost washed away by her fresh tears.

''I'm here now'' he said, removing the tangled hair away from her face, staring at her intently. Paul gave a smile, not the smug one that he was accustomed to giving, but that of a comforting one. He wanted to let her know everything is fine and she's safe. She sobbed against his chest after, letting her face rest on his chest. Feeling that her strength was decreasing, she felt peaceful, just like drifting to a deep sleep. 

Paul was warm against her,it felt so good . He frowned at the blood staining her head, cradling the now unconscious girl. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead. ''I'm sorry Row'' he said weakly, his voice coming out broken, feeling a lump in his throat.

 ''I'm really sorry''his grip tightening as he scoop her up in his arms, not liking that her heart beat were now slow faint. She felt soft and light in his arms, the indirect contact giving him assurance that she would be fine.