*Chapter 34*

*Rowan’s POV*

I felt it again, the crippling fear, but nothing of that feeling is associated with Victoria or Math tests anymore, it was Noah and what he is capable of. “Dad!” I shouted as the blood continue to pour down his arms, Noah was already out of my grasp, like a gust of wind he was gone. He has forgotten about me,  his friend for many years , he has forgotten about dad that cared for him , and the worst of it all was him forgetting his humanity. He has forgotten who he was and there was nothing I could do.

Paul pushed me away, his body shaking. He was ready to shift The impact was stronger that I realized, as my vision blurred right away. The back of my head hit the wall pretty badly I was sure it would have a dent after. The pain made me groan, a ringing sound has just started in my ears. I tried my best to see, but the images were all fuzzy, all I could see was  familiar dark-silver fur in front of me. Knowing Paul, he would be so worried, so I tried to maintain my consciousness.

‘I’m okay Paul” I lied, I was far from okay. After the ringing subsided, I could hear everything else. The commotion, the broken furniture , the fierce growls of Jared and Sam, the animalistic screech of Noah and the strangled gasp of my father. “Please Paul, save my dad” But he wouldn’t move away. “Go Paul!” I placed my hands around him and pushed.

Then he did, and after that I could remember nothing more as darkness claimed me. The blinding light welcomed me rudely , rising into a sitting position from the softest sofa I ever felt, I stretched my sore limbs away. “She should be fine Paul” a voice said that Rowan recognized to be Carlisle's. “Are you sure?, what if she has a concussion?” A laugh escaped me involuntarily, he sounded like my dad.  

The bed dipped and I could feel him next to me. “Sorry, Rowan” he nuzzled my shoulder and I felt my whole body heating up. “I should have not pushed you, I didn’t realize..it would hurt you” Around me were the Cullens, their expression unreadable. I moved away , embarrassed. “I’m okay, I know you didn’t mean it” I patted his knee a couple to times, as I knew that he didn’t like the way I moved away from him.

“John is in the living room” Edward said, already reading my mind. “He’s alright” he said yet again, knowing the questions I was eager to ask. “Noah isn’t here” I looked down momentarily, not sure which emotion to feel next. I was worried for Noah, yet I am angry. Why did he enter in Res when I told him not to? I stood  and went towards the living room. “Dad?” I called out.

“I’m here kiddo!” he sounded well enough, as if he didn’t witness any life-altering revelations. “You don’t seem shock” I said, sitting next to him. He laughed as though I was joking, his arm wrapped  around my shoulders. “Good thing you were out, I didn’t want you witness you dad looking like a wimp or anything” I chuckled as I scoot closer to him. “No, I will never think that” We were quiet for some time, which made me very appreciative, it gave me time to think.

“I suppose we have to talk about what happened sometime,” my dad sighed, and I had to close my eyes tight. He had that dad tone that he rarely uses, I should have not left him have the opportunity to say anything in the first place. “No, I think we can talk about it later” I took a quick glance at him, he didn’t seem hurt at all, Noah only managed to leave a bruise on his face. “ I think I have to talk about it Row, or else I will lose my mind”

“Okay”

“First thing- Is everything real?”

“Yes”

“Did Rachel know?”

“No”

“What happened to Noah?” I gripped my dad’s shirt, everything was my fault. “He was bitten in Seattle by a vampire”