Chapter 4

Jesy had zoned out for half of the rules. She was sitting at the dining room table of these people's house and checking the place out.

It's nice. So far she found the house to be fancy and big. Their kitchen was way bigger than hers and from what she could see of the living room, it was bigger too. There was a flat screen TV in there.

"Hey, listen here young lady." The mother snapped her fingers in Jesy' face. She was all dressed for work and smelt nice to Jesy. The other half of the twins was at her side in a school uniform. "If she starts acting extra out of it you need to call my number." She pointed to the number on the fridge. "Do not let her out of your sight alright?" She gestured to Leigh. "And you need to try your best to just relax."

"It's harder than it looks Mum." Sairah mumbled.

"Right. I know." The mother sighed. "Okay, so I'll just leave you." She went to Leigh and kissed her cheek. "Goodbye Lee-Lee, we'll be back soon okay?"

Sairah kissed Leigh too and told her goodbye. She then looked at Jesy. "Don't try anything okay?" She waved at her and then left with her mother.

Jesy waited until she heard their car engine start and their car drive off to sigh. She looked at Leigh. Her mum's giving me five pounds an hour for nine hours. That's pretty sweet. I love rich people. "So, what's up with you huh? Your dog boyfriend broke up with you?" She tried to make small talk.

Leigh-Anne just stared at her. Her face slowly turned pink before she rested her head on the table.

Jesy raised an eyebrow in wonder of what had her like this. "I know. Breakups are hard. I've never dated but I can imagine . . . it's all I do. I dream a lot." She shrugged. "I'm a dreamer."

"The person you saw climbing out the window wasn't me okay? It was my sister." Leigh's slow voice said sounding muffled since her head was down. She rested her chin on the table and looked forward. "She can be really weird at times. I'm sorry."

Jesy cracked a smile. "Nah you can't play the switch twin trick on me. I can tell the difference between you two. Your sister's a little thicker than you." She thought of Sairah. "She's hot." She said softly.

Leigh-Anne frowned a bit. "She's not my twin."

Jesy raised an eyebrow. "Really? Are you sure?"

Leigh-Anne sighed and then rested her cheek on the table. She nodded. "I'm certain." She sounded drowsy.

"Huh. You learn something new every day." Jesy shrugged. "You gonna stay here?"

Leigh-Anne made no sound as a response.

Jesy pulled her chair in. "What's wrong exactly? Are you sick or what?"

"I . . . I've got a stomach ache." Leigh said. "It hurts really bad."

Jesy was not sure she believed her. "Really? You don't seem to be in that much pain."

Leigh gave her the finger without eye contact.

Jesy rolled her eyes. She decided to just sit and watch the girl. It was clear that she did not want to talk. I'm actually curious to see what this whole place looks like. All she knew was so far it was nice. She wished that her house could be this big and fancy.

Leigh-Anne suddenly stood and started dragging her feet away.

Jesy followed her. "Where're you going?" They were walking up the stairs. Leigh was in front and she was moving like a snail.

"To my room." Leigh-Anne mumbled. She reached the top floor and brought herself to her room at last. She went to her bed and lay in it on her front.