Chapter Three

I yawned, leaning against the car window, wishing Laura and Anna would stop giggling in the backseat. It was 7am and they had been laughing since we had gotten in the vehicle, fifteen minutes ago. I was woken up at 5:30am, after falling asleep at 4am, and was told we would be leaving for the airport at 6:45am and that I needed to packed and ready by 6am, then I had to eat a quick breakfast. I was completely confused as to why I flew in the day before and now had to fly again, but then I remembered that some of the girls were flown to Toronto last week. Laura, Anna, and Emma had flown in a week ago and Sarah had flown two days before me. To get everything in order, the manager of the program had set up flights throughout the week, getting everyone together in Toronto (where she was for vacation) and some were able to come the first day, unlike me and Sarah. I didn’t know Sarah’s reason for being late, but my was that my mom had recently gotten married to my stepdad and needed me to help her move his things into our house while he was away on a business trip. So I was flown in at the last minute.

“Alright, girls, everyone out!” Jacob and Hallie were in charge of us girls. Marie, the manager of the program, who is also a teacher from the NYC School, had flown to LA two days ago so she could get our hotel rooms and stuff worked out before we got there. She was also setting up first meeting. Which included One Direction.

I slid out of the seat behind Em as Sarah slid forward hers to let Anna, Laura, and Emma out of the very backseat. Jacob and Hallie loaded our bags onto trollies and told us to all go find our seats on the plane. Laura, Anna, Emma and Sarah led the way, talking and giggling, while me and Em brought up the back. I was guessing Em hadn’t got much sleep the night before, either, she was yawning every five seconds and she was about as fast paced as a eating Grandmother with no teeth. We had pattern going as we stepped onto the escelator. I would yawn, then she would yawn, and we took turns the whole ride. I finally started laughing, my no-sleep-high kicking in and she looked at me. “What?” She asked grinning. “I take it you didn’t get much sleep last night either?” I asked. “Sleep? What is this sorcery you speak of?” She asked and we both started laughing, still following the other girls. “I didn’t. I never sleep, really.” She finally said. “You are my new best friend.” I said laughing as I ran into Anna. I hadn’t seen that they had stopped at the security check. Hallie and Jacob had sent our luggage to the whatcha-ma-call-it to put them on the plane. 

“I hate airport security and I’m hungry.” I heard someone laugh behind me. “Stop laughing. I’m tired. I didn’t go to sleep till three thirty this morning!” I glanced sideways at Em, wondering if she recongnized the accents/voices, but she was yawning, not even bothered. I started wondering if Niall recongnized me, then I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. “Michaela, you left your headphones hanging on your suitcase. I figured you wanted them.” Hallie said handing me my purple headphones when I turned around to look at her. “Oh. Thanks.” I said putting them in my bag as she walked back to Jacob. I zipped my bag and looked up to meet Niall’s gorgeous blue/green eyes. “Well you look like you didn’t sleep a wink last night,” he said grinning at me. “I should say the same for you,” I said trying to hide my smile. Liam glanced between the both of us. “Am I missing something?” He asked as Em turned around and looked at us, her eyes going wide. “No. I met her last night.. Or this morning. She was stalking me.” Niall said. “I was not!” I said defensively and he started laughing. I saw Em still staring at Niall and Liam, wide eyed. “Oh.. Uh.. This is Em.” I said nodding toward her. “Hi,” she said. “Hi.” Liam and Niall said together. “Come on, girls.” Jacob said motioning for us to go through the security as Zayn and Louis walked up behind Niall and Liam.

“LA BABY!!!” Anna screamed once outside of the airport. “Sweet Mother of God.. I’m gonna slap her in a minute.” I mumbled to Em as we opened the door of the van we were riding in. She laughed as Sarah let them into the back seat. I had sleep maybe 15 minutes on the plane. And I was getting grouchier by the minute. “Who do you share a room with?” I asked, wondering since I had gotten the single who had been paired up. “Me and Sarah share together and Anna, Emma, and Laura share,” she said as Jacob and Hallie finished loading our bags. Hallie was on the phone when she got in the passenger seat. “We’re headed your way… Yes, ma’am…. Aright… Okay.. Bye..” She hanged up and turned to face us. “Time to get your camera’s ready girls,” she said smiling.