Chapter Ten

“Hey… wake up…. please wake up… WAKE UP!” I jumped awake when Emma screamed at me. “What?” I asked, rubbing my eyes. “Soo…. Can I ask you a question?” she asked, pulling her knees up onto my bed. “Sure..” I said, still half asleep. “So… Today is the boys’ day off… You think you could maybe.. text Niall and ask him if they would all like to hang out at the pool?” She asked nervously. I groaned. She woke me up for this. “What time is it?” I asked, my eyes closed against the harsh sunlight coming through the giant glass window beside my bed. “It’s two fifteen… Why?” she asked. “They’re down there now,” I said pulling my blanket over my head. “Really? How do you know?” She asked excitedly. “Niall texted me this morning and invited me, he said they’d be down there around one thirty or so. They’re probably still out there. I think he said Anna was gonna be down there,” I said. She screamed and jumped from the bed. “I’ll see you guys later!” She hollered as the door slammed behind her. “That girl has lost it,” Em said from across the room. “I don’t think she ever had it, Em,” I said and she laughed. 

At around 3:30 I finally completely woke up and got out of bed. Instead of ordering room service I just decided to go down to the ballroom and eat, since I had nothing better to do and I had been in my room all day. The hotel lobby was kind of busy, I guess since it was Monday it was normal. The ballroom was empty.. or almost. He was sitting up on one of the tables, his feet in one of the chairs, and his guitar propped up on his knees while he picked at random strings. I ordered something at the kitchen before he finally saw me. “Heeeyyy, you finally woke up!” Niall said, now strumming his guitar. “How did you know I was asleep?” I asked sitting down in the chair beside his feet. “Nicole went by your room earlier, Em answered and said you were sleeping,” he said, making a face when he hit the wrong string. “Oh.. What did Nicole want?” I asked as the waiter brought over my drink. “Don’t spill that..” Niall said grinning, “It’s your fault I spilled that last night! If you wouldn’t have had me hiding behind that menu,” I said and he laughed. “Nicole said something about her and Danielle and Eleanor going to get their nails done… or something like that,” he said setting down his guitar on the table and sliding into the chair beside me. “Ohh…” I said. “So I’m guessing you’re the one that told Emma…” he grinned at me. “I might have…. Just so she would leave me alone and let me sleep..” I said trying not to smile. “I say Zayn rather likes you for that,” he said laughing.

“Would you rather drop this fry in a toilet and have to eat it or have to lick the outside of a toilet?” Niall asked, examining the fry in his hand. “You’re disgusting. You know that?” I asked and he smiled popping the fry in his mouth. “You gotta pick!” He said grabbing another fry and dunking it in the ketchup. “Lick the toilet,” I said taking a bite of my chicken sandwich. “Okay, your turn,” he said taking a bite of the half of the sandwich I had given him. “Lick a dog that horribly needs a bath or lick a sweaty jockstrap?” I asked. “Now who’s disgusting?” He said laughing, “You started it. Now pick,” I said eating a fry. “Dog… definitely dog,” he said. I didn’t answer before my phone rang. “Hello?” I said as Niall stuffed fries in his mouth. “Guess what!” My Mom said excitedly. I must’ve been making a face cause Niall gave me a questioning look. I just shook my head. “What?” I asked, setting down my sandwich. “Adam has a business trip Thursday,” she said. “That’s nice.. But.. Why do I care?” I asked. “It’s in New York, and I get to come along!” I choked as I tried to swallow the bit of sandwich in my mouth. I seriously felt like I could punch my Mom.