Chapter Twenty Seven

“Caterpillar? Flower? Shovel?” I asked.

“A shovel?” Niall asked laughing.

“Well I’ve guessed everything! A shovel seems appropriate,” I said defensibly.

“No, it doesn’t,” he said grabbing a cookie off the plate between us.

“Well what is it then?” I asked irritatedly.

“An inch worm,” he replied.

“I said caterpillar!” I said grabbing a cookie too.

“It’s not the same!” He said laughing.

“Close enough,” I said quietly.

“No, it’s not,” he said.

“Well your turn again,” I said as he stuffed a whole cookie in his mouth.

“You’re just mad that I keep winning,” he said bobbing his head at me.

“Okay, Mister Sassy,” I said doing a neck roll.

“Please, don’t ever do that in a serious way,” he said laughing as he tried to swallow his mouth full of cookie.

“Don’t worry,” I said taking a sip from my bottle of water.

“Okay, alright, let me think of something,” he said clearing his throat.

I leaned back on the pile of pillows behind me, waiting for his next big guess.

I yawned, looking at my phone for the time. 2am.

“How do you still have so much energy?” I asked looking at him as he ate another cookie.

“Well, I’ve just ate about a dozen cookies and drink a Redbull, so yeah..” he said bouncing.

“And three hours ago you were puking your guts up,” I said laughing.

“Maybe I should slow down with the cookies… I don’t wanna see them again,” he said pushing the plate away with a disgusted look.

“Oh my gosh, Niall Horan is pushing away food, this is rare, this is very rare,” I said picking up my camera.

“You’re not funny,” he said giving me a fake evil stare.

“No, I’m hilarious,” I said snapping a picture as he stuck his tongue out.

“You’re probably really tired. Aren’t you?” He asked taking a sip of his water.

“Little bit,” I said nodding as I yawned again. 

“You can go back to your room, if you want,” he said flopping down on the bed.

“I think I can stay awake a little longer,” I said grabbing my water before it tipped over.

“Good.. meanwhile, I’m going to eat another cookie,” he said snatching up one and stuffing it in his mouth.

“It’s still your turn,” I said.

“Oh right! Umm… it’s yellow..” he said smiling.

“Cheese?” I asked, knowing I would be wrong.

Niall tended to pick the weirdest things for me to guess. I picked bicycle and he got it right off the bat. I had only got one turn and he had won every time since.

“It’s about time,” he said throwing a cookie at me.

“I’m right?” I asked surprised.

“For the first time, yes,” he said laughing.

“Yes!” I said picking up the cookie and eating it.

“Gloater,” he teased taking a sip of his water.

“Gloater? Don’t even come here with that! You’re the one that’s been gloating for the past hour!” I said throwing what was left of my cookie at him.

He moved sideways, out of the way of my cookie, and lost his grip on the water bottle, dropping it and spilling it all over himself and the bed.

“See what you did, you gloater?” He asked throwing the empty bottle at me as he got off the bed.

“You should’ve taken the cookie like a man,” I said making a face at him.

“Should’ve taken the cookie like man,” he mimicked me as he snatched the comforter towards him.

I was still laughing when I hit the floor.

“Are you okay?” Niall asked, now on the bed looking down at me.

I looked up at him, still laughing, though the back of my head was throbbing.

I shook my head and he jumped off the bed.

“Are you hurt?” He asked kneeling down beside me as I sat up.

“My hit my head, but I’m fine,” I said rubbing the back of my head.

“Let me look,” he said.

“I’m fine,” I said shaking my head.

“It’s my fault, just let me make sure I didn’t hurt you,” he said.

“You didn’t hurt me, and it’s my fault, I shouldn’t have thrown the cookie and made you spill the water,” I said shaking my head again, making it throb worse.

“I should’ve taken the cookie like a man,” he said moving my hair out of the way anyways.

“Niall, I promise, I’m fine,” I said laughing, though I didn’t move.

“There’s a knot already,” he said.

“No there’s not,” I said reaching up to touch the back of my head.

“No, but there might be, cause it’s red,” he said standing up.

“I’ll be fine,” I said standing up too.

“So you can doctor me when I have food poising, but you hit your head and you’re magically fine?” He asked grabbing a shirt and wiping his bare chest off, since he was still wet from the water.

“Yep,” I said nodding.

“Fine,” he said turning his attention to the bed.

“I think it’s too late to call the maid…” he said.

“Guess you’ll be sleeping on the bare mattress,” I said shrugging.

“Okay,  Miss I’ve-Got-A-Perfectly-Good-Bed-Down-The-Hall-So-I’m-Not-Worried,” he said setting the almost empty plate of cookies on the table before ripping the sheet off the bed.

“I have a very weird last name,” I said laughing.

“Yes, you do,” he said laughing also as he piled the comforter and sheet in the corner.

“It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s new life for me…”

Michael Buble’s voice sounded like someone had magnified it. Or Niall’s phone volume was just extremely loud. And how he slept through the whole ringtone, I had no idea. I guessed all cookies and Redbull had gotten him into a deep sleep. 

“Niall,” I whispered.

He didn’t move. And I couldn’t. I swear, he was like a panda bear. His left leg was draped over both of mine and his left arm was over my shoulder.

“Niall,” I said a bit louder.

He still doesn’t move. I poked his arm and he still didn’t fidget. I laid there for a good ten minutes, thinking.

I feel asleep about fifteen minutes after Niall spilled the water on the bed. There’s was no telling how much longer he stayed up, considering he was working on another Redbull when I fell asleep. I didn’t want to wake him if he hadn’t gotten any sleep. I was still tired myself. I tilted my head upwards and looked at the bedside clock. It was 9am.

“Have you ever tried waking someone up before? Because you’re about as loud as a bunny,” Niall whispered in my ear.