Chapter Thirteen

I finished eating and climbed up on my bed to find something on TV. After flipping the channels a few times, still muted, I found myself looking at Niall beside me. He was in a deep sleep already, his lips slightly parted as he breathed heavily. The beep of his phone made me jump. I rolled over on my side, my back facing him. I didn’t even bother listening to my iPod like I usually did. After about a half an hour I heard the door unlock and open. I heard whispers and a click as a bit of light filled the room. 

“Awwww, they’re asleep!” I heard someone slur. It had to had been Harry, the voice fit no one else. “Shh!!” That was Liam. “Be quiet, Haz! They’re trying to sleep!” If that wasn’t drunk, I didn’t know what was. Nicole was about as loud as a Firetruck on it’s way to a fire. “Okay, you guys gotta go,” Liam said. “Oh! Food!” Zayn said. Then he sighed, realizing it was trash. I heard a few grumbles as Liam made everyone leave, except Emma and Em. “Goodnight guys,” he said leaving. I waited for him to wake Niall, since no one managed to do that with all the screaming, and take him to his room, but all I heard was the door quietly click as he left.

Around 9am I heard a soft knock on the door. I waited a second and they knocked again. I got up and opened it to see Liam standing there. 

“Hi, I didn’t wake you, did I?” He asked. I shook my head. 

“I hope you didn’t mind that I let Niall stay..” he said. I shrugged and open the door for him to come in. “I’ve been trying since eight to get the others up and ready. They’re all massively hungover,” he said. Em and Emma were passed out, still in the clothes they had on from the night before. Niall had taken up pretty much the whole bed, while I had stayed on the very edge, giving him his space, he was still in a deep sleep. I remembered sometime in the night he snatched the comforter and I almost fell off the bed. He covered up and went back to sleep.

“Niall! Come on, we’ve gotta head out!” Liam said. I heard Em and Emma groan as they were woken up. I grabbed Niall’s phone and charger from the table as Liam pulled him from the bed by his arms. He mumbled something as Liam pulled him towards the door, “Here,” I said handing him the charger and phone. Liam grabbed it, still dragging Niall and I closed the door behind them. 

By the time SNL was over, no one was hungover, Emma was constantly talking to Zayn, I still wasn’t exactly on track with my medicine, and I had a total of 134 pictures of Niall. The day before everyone was set to go to Australia, Hallie and Jacob told everyone we had to meet with Marie and Paul in the ballroom of the hotel. 

“This isn’t gonna be fun if they know that we were out Friday morning,” Emma whispered to me and Em as the three of us as we entered the ballroom. We were the last ones there, everyone was already seated. Harry was sitting in the last chair, Nicole in his lap, Louis was sitting beside him, then Zayn, empty chair, Niall, Liam, Sarah, Anna, Laura, then two more empty chairs. I eyed Zayn for a second, wondering why he left the seat empty, as Em and Emma took the two seats beside each other. I couldn’t see Niall’s face when I sat down, he had on a hat and his head down. Zayn gave me a polite smile then Marie said something and everyone was quiet. 

I was sure Em and Emma were having mini-heartattacks right about now. 

Emma and Zayn had been together pretty much every minute since Thursday night/Friday morning, Em had been with them all at 2:30am, and if Laura, Sarah, or Anna knew that I was sure they had told, or were going to at the first chance they could get.

I hadn’t done anything. Had I? Hallie and Jacob were the ones who made someone watch me Thursday. But Em and Emma could be in even more in trouble for letting Niall stay with me. And I could be in trouble for being alone with Niall. But I hadn’t done anything. Would I still get in trouble? He stayed the night! Of course I would! I wasn’t so sure now that I wanted to fail this first month. What? Of course I did, so I could get home quicker. I must’ve made a face while I was thinking cause Niall bumped his knee against mine. I looked up at him and he raised his eyebrows, asking me what was wrong. I shook my head, realizing that Marie had been talking.

”.. Me and Paul are very happy that you have all become great friends, but we don’t want any of you to forget one of the rules.. Can anyone tell me which one?” Marie asked. I rolled my eyes. Of course she wanted us all to remember the no dating rule. That stupid rule made no sense to me. Laura raised her hand, “No dating,” she said. 

Marie nodded. I could’ve punched both of them at that moment. I looked up and saw Emma sticking her tongue out at Laura’s back. I grinned to myself. 

“Now, since you all seem to be getting very close, we’d like to add another rule,” Marie said glancing at Zayn and Emma. 

Well at least everyone knows she’s not stupid. I glanced sideways and saw Emma giving Anna an evil look. 

“First, lights out is now at nine PM. For you girls, you are to be in your rooms at eight thirty PM, and you will stay there till morning. Boys, me and Paul have agreed that you five are not to be in any of the girls rooms after eight PM. You all know the consequences if these rules are not obeyed. If there is a reason you need to be out of your room after eight thirty, you can let Hallie or Jacob know what it is.” Marie finished talking and everyone was silent. 

We were all dismissed after a few more things were said. We barely got out the door before hell broke loose in the hallway. Emma was heading straight for Anna’s, who was first out the door, and Niall was yanking me out of their way when Emma went for Anna’s face.