Chapter Fifteen

Australia was starting to cool down, but the boys still felt the need the strip down to almost nothing. We had rented out the very top floor of the hotel, since so many people needed rooms, so most of the doors down the hall were open and shirtless boys were in and out, talking, yelling, laughing. Hallie had told us that we were free to do whatever we wanted, but I was pretty sure that going out with the boys was out of the question. 

Em asked me to go out to the parking lot to get something with her. We were crossing the lobby, where Paul and Marie were still arguing with the manager about something, when I saw Nicole and Harry coming from the elevator opposite. Harry was now dressed, since they had left the top floor, in shorts and a long sleeved shirt. Nicole had been dressed in jean shorts, a tank top, a black cardigan, and a light pink beanie since we’d left NY. She saw me as Em and I were walking past a hollering Paul, and she waved me over. Me and Em crossed the lobby to them. 

“We’re all going out to Sydney Harbor in about fifteen minutes, you guys wanna come?” Nicole asked, her arm around Harry’s long torso while he had his arm wrapped tightly around her shoulders.

 I glanced over at Marie and Paul, they were too busy arguing that they hadn’t noticed us, but Hallie was standing outside the elevator with Jacob and I was sure she’d heard Nicole. Harry followed my gaze and saw Hallie and Jacob, he leaned his mouth down to Nicole’s ear and whispered something. 

“I really want you to come, we haven’t really hung out much since LA,” she said. That was smart. Hallie got inside the elevator, thinking there wasn’t much to see here. 

“I told Emma I’d go shopping with her, so I can’t go, but Michaela has nothing planned.” Em offered.

 ”I promise I’ll make Niall share his beer with you if you come,” Harry said grinning. 

“Thanks, but I don’t drink, I’ll still go anyways,” I said smiling. 

“Woo! Meet us out front in a few minutes,” Nicole said happily. I nodded as she and Harry walked off.

“I call shotgun!” Zayn shouted running across the parking lot and jumping in the van. “You can sit in the back with us,” Liam said putting his arm around my shoulder. By ‘us’ he meant me, Niall, and him. Louis, Harry, and Nicole were in the middle row while I was between Niall and Liam in the back, Zayn and Paul up front.

“LIVING YOUNG AND WILD AND FREE!!” I covered my ears as Niall screamed the rest of the song along with the radio, his voice breaking off when he started laughing. I was laughing also, but my ears were ringing a bit from how close he was. 

“I’m sorry,” he said pulling my hands away from my ears, still laughing.

“Don’t worry, Michaela, if you’re around him enough you’ll get used to his loudness,” Liam said leaning forward in the seat. Niall made a face but he was still smiling. Louis shouted something as we pulled to a stop at Sydney Harbor. 

“No one yells as loud as Tommo over here,” Niall said as Nicole pulled the seat forward the let us out. “But no ones as jolly as you, Nialler,” Louis said patting him on the back as Niall laughed. Louis, Zayn, and Liam were the first ones on the yacht, Nicole and Harry lagging behind me and Niall. Louis was already at the front of the boat screaming something before Liam hit him across the back and he jumped away from the edge before he fell into the water. I was busy watching them so I hadn’t even noticed Niall had already climbed onto the boat and was holding his hand out to me. I hesitated, but grabbed it anyways and he helped me onto the boat. 

“How do you deal with it?” I asked, looking out of the blinds of the window inside the yacht. 

“With what?” Nicole asked.