Chapter Twenty One

“Dad, what are you doing here?” Nicole asked when she opened the door.

“I needed to talk to you,” he said.

“It’s late.. Can we do this tomorrow?” She asked.

“No. Can I come inside?” He asked.

Nicole turned and look at me. I quickly stepped inside the bathroom and shut the door. I didn’t think he would go away, and he could tell Marie I was out after lights out, and I would’ve felt awkward sitting there while they talked. But even with the door closed, I could still hear them talking.

“I think you should come home with me,” Callum said.

A few minutes passed before Nicole replied.

“Why do you think that?” She asked. I wasn’t sure if she was mad or surprised.

“It’s just that you’ve been away for so long, I think you need to be around other people, come home and stay for a while,” her Dad said. 

“Are you gonna force me if I say no?” Nicole asked.

“I can’t.. but I just think it would be good for you to be away from Harry for a while,” he said.

“I thought it was about being around other people?” Nicole said. She now sounded mad.

“It is. I just think that.. maybe Harry is using you, and I don’t want that for you,” he said.

I understood how he would want her to be home with him, but I didn’t understand how he could think Harry could be using her.

“Using me?! Please, tell me why you think that.” She was even angrier now.

“I didn’t come here to fight, Nicole,” he said.

“Well did you expect me to be all happy and skip right home with you? Especially after what you just said about Harry?” She asked. 

I didn’t hear anything for a second.

“I just think that, instead of helping out a hormonal teenage boy, you should be home with your family and friends,” Callum finally said.

“What family and friends do you speak of, Dad? Cause I really have no idea who you’re talking about,” Nicole said. I think she was hitting a very angry point then, her voice cracked on the last words.

“I am your family, Nicole! Your Grandma! And I know you have friends back home,” he said.

Nicole didn’t say anything, so Callum spoke again.

“I just want you to be around people you love and who love you back,” he said.

I didn’t hear anything for a second, and then I heard the hallway door click. 

“If you haven’t realized by now that Harry loves me and I love him, then I think you need to leave,” Nicole said. I waited a second and heard the door slam, then the bathroom door opened. I had no idea what to do when I realized she was crying.

Niall, Louis, and Liam headed to the club early, leaving Zayn and Harry with Nicole, Emma, and I. Nicole was dressed in a Fuscia colored sleeveless dress that hit right above the knees [x],Emma had bought a dress back in LA, it was black and strapless with a bow just across the middle, it was a bit shorter than Nicole’s [x]. Since I wasn’t much on shopping, or dresses, I had crap with me, and had to borrow one of Nicole’s dresses. She had several with her, since she wore them regularly, and she chose an orange one for me. It was short sleeved, with the whole top part laced and then the skirt part had a laced layer and it came about 5 inches above my knees [x], then with how I tall I am it looked even shorter, and when Nicole gave me a pair of 6 inch, black Louis V heels, it looked about 4 inches long.

 I was constantly pulling it down as we walked across the lobby. Nicole and Emma both had on short dresses with high heels, and it didn’t seem to bother them at all. I, however, felt like a fidgeting pumpkin. 

“Will you stop?” Nicole asked, grabbing my hand as I went to try and pull the dress down in the back. 

“Sorry..” I said putting my arms at my side.

“You look fine, I don’t know why you’re so uncomfortable,” Emma said.

Besides the night I had seen her and Zayn in the pool, this was the first time they looked anything like they were together. Her arm around looped around his and he watched her with every move she made. 

“Private party,” the bodyguard outside the club said to Harry.

“We’re on the list,” Harry said.

The guard eyed him for second, then took a look at the list in his hand.

“Names?” He asked.

“Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, and Nicole West, plus our aloud guests,” Harry said.

The guard looked at me and Emma for a second, then let us pass into the club. 

“Why didn’t he check out ID’s?” I whispered to Nicole. She laughed.

“I’ve never been asked for mine, they let you straight through whenever when you’re with the boys,” she said.

There were few people on the dance floor, most were off in booths making out, others were disappearing into bathrooms or were getting close in the private sections. The club was pretty big, but not as crowded as I imagined it usually was. A few guys were at the bar, talking to one another or asking for another drink. At the very back of the club, there was an over-sized booth, where four guys were, all, but one, had drinks. Nicole and Harry ran off to the dance floor and I wasn’t sure where Zayn and Emma had went, but I was standing alone in the of the club. Then Niall saw me from the over-sized booth and waved me over.