Chapter Sixteen

Nicole was already heading for the cooler before I could say anything about Niall. I was afraid I had done something, and he was angry with me, but then he came back out on the deck and walked over to me. “Want some?” He asked, holding out his beer. I stared at him for a second and shook my head.

“There’s nothing in here,” Nicole said from across the deck. 

“Oh.. right.. I forgot, that’s for Liam’s fish, the drinks are inside,” he said taking a sip of his beer as he sat back down on the deck. Nicole was on her way back inside when Harry climbed back onto the boat, soaked, and ran for her. She screamed when he grabbed her in a big bear hug. “Harry!!” She screamed, giggling as he pulled her closer to him.

“Come get in the water,” he mumbled into her neck.

“I will in a minute, I wanna get a drink,” she said.

He kissed her a few times on the neck, then on the lips before running back to the water. When he left I averted my gaze the water behind me. When I heard Nicole getting a drink inside I turned back to Niall. “Sure you don’t want a drink?” He asked and I nodded, sitting down on the deck a few feet from him and leaning against the railing. 

The only thing that could’ve made this kiss better, is if Niall hadn’t started laughing in the middle of it. I pulled back and looked at him, but he wasn’t laughing. It was the real Niall sitting across the deck. I had fallen asleep, slumped against the rail of the yacht. Niall was talking to Liam about something, and he was laughing.

“Do I look like a tomato to you?” I heard Nicole ask. I looked across the deck to see her still in her bikini. “No, why?” I asked. She had been laying out about 30 minutes, no one burns that quickly. “I burn easily, so I was just wondering,” she said sitting down beside me. 

“Where did everyone go?” she asked. 

“Louis, Harry, and Zayn went out in the smaller boat, and I think Paul fell asleep somewhere,” Niall said. 

“Have neither of you swam yet?” Liam asked. His hair was still damp.

“Nope, but I’m sure Harry’s gonna force me too when he comes back,” Nicole said. 

“What about you, Michaela, you gonna stay on the boat with Niall the whole time?” He asked looking at me. “If I want,” I said and he smiled.  “Well, I’m going to swim again, you guys are welcome to join,” he said getting up and diving into the water. Just then the other boys came up. 

“About time you guys came back!” Niall said standing up. 

“I came back to get Nicole,” Harry said climbing onto the deck. He walked across the deck sat down beside Nicole, his curls were still damp and halfway covering his face. “Babe, are you gonna come swim?” He asked wrapping his arms around her. 

“Yes, I’ll go now, if you want,” she said. 

“I’m gonna get a drink, so we’ll go in a minute?” He asked. 

“Yeah, sounds good,” she said leaning forward and kissing him. I started to wish I had followed Niall inside once the 10 second mark hit on their kiss. Finally Harry pulled back.

“So you know you look very sexy in that bathing suit, right?” He asked grinning.

“You’re really gonna say that to me when you’re wearing your shorts so low I can see pretty much everything?” She asked looking down as he laughed.

She was right though, I looked off when she started to trace Harry’s V-line, but then Louis showed up. “Alright, Love Birds, you have an audience, cool it,” he said grinning. “She started it,” Harry said still grinning, too.

“I’m sure she did,” Louis said grabbing a towel from one of the chairs. 

“I really like your beanie, can I wear it?” Harry asked Nicole. 

“It’s pink..” she said and he shrugged taking it off her head.

“I look rather handsome, don’t you think?” He asked and she giggled.

“Very, but you better not swim in it!” She said as he kissed her again and got up. 

“I’m gonna go get a drink before Niall drinks them all,” he said walking towards the door. Nicole turned and looked at me, her cheeks red. “Sorry…” she said awkwardly. I just gave a slight shake of my head as her phone beeped beside her. “Emma said you’re Mom’s been trying to call you,” she said looking at the screen. I sighed, getting up off the deck. My phone had been on silent in Nicole’s bag, which she had taken back inside, and I hadn’t bothered to check it for the past two hours.”She said she wanted to go visit her Dad next month, I guess I can’t stop her,” Harry was saying when I came inside, he and Niall both had their backs to me, looking out the front window. “What about you?” He asked Niall, who was trying open a bag of some sort of food, his back still to me. “What?” He asked, struggling to get the bag to open. 

“Nicole always talks about how you act around Michaela.. So?” Harry said. The tone in his voice made it sound like he was smiling. “So what?” Niall asked. I was afraid to move from where I was, afraid they would both turn around and see me.

“How do you feel about her?” Harry asked, sipping his beer. Niall laughed.

“Really?” He asked. 

“Obviously you feel something,” Harry said.

Niall stayed quiet for a minute, and I started to feel guilty about eavesdropping, and when he spoke, I started to regret I stayed and listened. 

“I really don’t know.. she’s different, I’ve never met a girl like her before.. but I..” He stopped talking when the bag in his hands split open and the food went everywhere. Harry started laughing. I took that as my cue to leave. 

I was glad Niall didn’t know how to answer Harry’s question, cause I wouldn’t have known either. But I was also confused and scared for when he did find that answer out. Would he have certain feelings me, or would he just see me as the girl that’s assigned to be his photographer until she gets sent home? But the thing that had me on edge was: if Niall does actually have certain feelings for me, would I be able to return them?