Chapter Twenty Four

“Oh God, I think I’m blind,” Niall said rubbing his eyes.

I had momentarily gone blind from the flash, but I couldn’t even focus on that.

I could still feel Niall’s lips on my cheek. Warm and soft.

“Are you cold?” He asked looking at me.

I hadn’t even noticed I was shivering, but, yes, I was freezing. My clothes were soaked and it was freezing out. I nodded and he laughed.

“You wanna go back to the hotel?” He asked.

“It doesn’t matter,” I said though I did want to change, I wasn’t quite ready to go back.

“One more picture for the road,” he said chuckling as he snapped another picture of me.

I quickly shut my eyes, not wanting to go blind again. 

Niall stood, putting his shirt back on, then held his hand out to help me up.

He pulled me out of the sand and handed me my bag. I quickly pulled my boots back on.

“Do you know what time it is?” I asked.

“No, hold on, I’ll check,” he said hanging my camera around his neck and grabbing his phone.

We started back towards the street, stumbling through the sand.

“Oh crap,” Niall said as we stepped onto the sidewalk.

“What?” I asked, now digging through my bag to find my phone.

“It’s Eight twenty three,” he said.

“I say we should hurry,” I said.

“Me too,” he nodded.

“Which way do we go?” I asked looking left and right down the street.

“I think it’s this way,” he said pointing right.

“You think?” I asked.

“I’ve never been here before,” he shrugged.

I sighed, wondering how much trouble we were both going to be in when we got back.

“Michaela’s panic face,” Niall said taking another picture.

“I’m not panicking,” I said holding my hand over the lenses even though he had already taken the picture.

“You sure look panicked to me,” he said smiling as I dropped my hand and he took another picture.

“Stop taking pictures of me,” I said.

“Why? You take pictures of me all the time,” he said laughing.

“Strictly business,” I said laughing too.

“Mhmm, I bet you loved every minute of it,” he said. 

“Whatever you say,” I said as the camera flashed again.

“How do you know what’s a good picture and what’s not?” He asked looking at things we passed while walking.

“I don’t,” I said as he took a picture of a potted plant.

“But how do you make them look so.. natural?” He asked taking a picture of a sign.

“I just photograph what I like,” I said shrugging.

“Then I was doing it right from the start,” he said turning the camera back to me.

He took another picture, then lowered the camera. I had so many questions on the tip of my tongue.