Chapter 7

Reiner and Bertholdt pulled Eren to the side, "Eren We have to tell you something important about Annie." said Reiner. "The reason she has all those bruises is because..... because.." Bertholdt couldnt finish his sentence because his eyes turned stone cold and teared up. "Because her father beats her Eren" Reiner said as he looked at the floor.

Eren just looked at them with anger in his eyes and his fist clenched and his eye was twitching, he looked as if he were to kill someone. Reiner put his hand on Eren's shoulder hoping to comfort him. "Eren i know what you're thinking and we thought the first thing when we figured it out."

"Wait a second, Annie did'nt tell you anything about this!?!" Eren said with hints of anger in his voice."No, but when we first met her she had bruises and cuts all over her face, she said that they were from sports and that she was clumsy and fell alot, but she is a terrible liar and we soon figured it out when she got out of her fathers car once and had fresh cuts. But that was years and years ago." 

Reiner and Bertholdt both looked at Eren with worried expressions hoping that he won't try anything stupid. "I-I-I have to go get some air." Eren then spun and walked quikly outside with his fists clenched. Annie saw him leave and hurried after him. 

Eren stood outside looking up at the sky holding a necklace that looked like a dogtag. He was rubbing the dogtag and running his finger on the engraved name. "Minde if i join you." He turned to see Annie standing at the doorway. He nodded in approval and she walked to him with her normal grace.

She stood next to him and there was an awkward silence between them until Eren broke it, "Annie Why do you let him do this to you??" he said still looking at the sky. Annie looks away trying to hold back the tears she never wants to let out. "Why do you let him hurt you like this Annie?" 

Now Eren is looking at her with teary eyes, Annie looks at him and meets his gaze. She soon starts to cry silently and buries her head into his chest  not able to resist the urge to cry. "He--he wanted me to stop by the gym one day, he said that---that-that we were moving to Miami, and i said that we can't because all of you guys are here and because i have a job. But he did'nt care he asked me once more and i said no again, he then punched me and threw me to the ground."

"He threatned me that if i defied him again he would hurt me more." After her story finished Eren looked at her speechless. He then clenched his fists and held her tighter. "I will never let that man touch you, never again." He said with his gentle voice. She nuzzeled her head against his an looked at the dogtag he wore around his neck. She read the engraveing: CARLA YEAGER 9/1/01.

She then looked up at Eren with tears still on her face, "Eren, im so sorry about your mother." He looked at her with his eyes suddenley cold. "It's alright he reassured." She died with honor and was a great woman, and soldier."

He then pulled away from the embrace and grabbed her hand, "We should probably go back inside before Jean gets the wrong idea." Eren said with a smile. Annie wiped away the tears in her eyes and smiled back and nodded.