Chapter 2 - Unwilling Bride

[Partially Edited]

"He can't do it!"

Lirya paced around in her bedroom as her seamstresses tried to take her measurements. Her wedding dress. Her wedding. To that prick, that Jaons of Ravenstorm. He was handsome, but Lirya didn't want to be married. Not to even the most handsome of men. No. Jason depended on her. He needed her.

"I won't marry him!"

"That would be a shame," Jaons stood by the door to her chamber. The open door to her chamber.

"I would love to get to know you," He continued. Then he left.

"This is it. I've had it. I've had enough! I will not marry! I'm going to have to bust him out," She muttered and then stormed into her bedroom, locking the door. She ignored the seamstresses pounding on the door and tried to think.

<--<< >>-->

By noon, Lirya had it all figured out. She went to see Sanja, who was reading. She loved reading. There was no law against it, but it was frowned upon to read as much as Sanja did.

"Sanja. I need your help."

Lirya proceeded to relate all of the details of her problem while Sanja listened avidly. 

When she was finished, Sanja stared at her for a long while before speaking, "I'll help you. You're my best friend- only friend, thanks to my gift."

"Gift?" Lirya echoed.

"I was born with a gift - an ability to read minds. None would come near me, for fear of the witchcraft or sorcery I would harm then with. It was hard, but I endured, and I learned. You've always helped me more than you ever knew. That's why I can't leave. I'm here for a reason - to help my clan. I'm sorry, but I can't go with you right now."

"I... understand. Promise me you won't get hurt, and that you'll meet me when you're done with whatever it is. I trust you, and I hate to ask this of you, but could you help me with securing some method of escape?"

"I will. I will make arrangements for horses for you and Jason."

Will I really have to leave? Lirya wondered.

Yes. It is your destiny. Your father will know, and he will come after you.

Sanja's voice echoed in her mind.

"Wow!" Lirya's eyes were shining, "That. Is. SO. cool! You're like a vampire... or a werewolf! Or an elf? No, a druid! Do you have pointed ears?" She asked eagerly.

Sanja shook her head with an amused smile at the way Lirya was acting. Lirya wasn't afraid of her... no, she was eager to explore Sanja's gift. 

 "No... okay, that's kind of disappointing, but then you MUST but a druid!"

"Lirya?" Sanja said quietly, "Jason?"

"Oh. OH! Well, yes," Lirya remembered.

"One more thing, for one friend to another," Sanja said, before they parted, "My true name is Deymalon."

"Deymalon? What a mouthful. Can I give you a nickname? Dey?"

Sanja smiled, "Yes. Dey sounds nice. Thank you, Lirya. For being the best friend I could ever have hoped for."

<--<< >>-->

They were going to get Jason out. Dey had gone to the stables to ensure that the horses were ready and to bribe the stable boy into silence. All was ready. Lirya had gotten two bows with spare quivers and three swords and daggers. She strung the bows and left two quivers out. A sword in a well-oiled scabbard was stacked against a wall. It was for Jason. The rest was packed. She had changed into a green tunic and brown pants, with a cloak on top of it.