Chapter 32 - Aelron's Peril

Uninformed as to the war being waged in Dargon, Aelron learned of her necromancing powers and grilled Jemery about Heresh. She learned that Heresh was as large as Dargon, but existed on a different plane of existence than Dargon. Potent magic had birthed Heresh, and some said that it was created when Erulas the Seer gave his life to forge the Key. It was an effort to balance out the evil in the new world. Little did Erulas know that wars would be fought over the Key and the new World that forging the Key had created.

<--<< >>-->

Aelron sat in her chambers in the palace of Heresh, talking to Jemery. She had lived in comfort in Heresh, missing only the life and lush colors of the world. King Naghren had not sent her up into the world yet, for a reason he claimed was that she had not matured her powers as fast as some. It was a lie, and Aelron sensed that immediately, but kept silent, wondering about the king's motives. She wore a deep grey gown with patterns of emerald sewn into it. Her striking black hair and green eyes stood out as Jemery's clothing tastes once again showed. Heresh contained only varying shades of green and grey. The only red you saw was blood.

She sat on her large four poster bed in her chambers, conversing with Jemery.

"When will Samuh be here?" She fretted. Aelron desperately desired someone to ease her into this shocking new reality, and she knew that the person she hoped would do that was Ryhon, who she still called Samuh.

"Ryhon, m'lady." Jemery replied helpfully, "He's called Ryhon here."

"Ah, yes. I keep forgetting. Thanks, Jemery."

There was a sharp knock on the door to her chambers and Jemery jumped up and answered it. He was shoved aside with such force that he flew through a wall. By the time he got back, Aelron was dragged out of her chambers by two men. Looking closely, Jemery recognized the distinctive red six legged spider sewn onto each of the men's cloaks. They were the Necromentorian Guard, sworn to none other than king Naghren.

"Aelron! Hang in there! Whatever you do, don't swear on Ziocrat! It is a binding oath among the undead! I'm... coming!" Jemery yelled and drifted after her, his spectral legs working furiously.

<--<< >>-->

The Necromentorian Guard deposited Aelron in the throne room, where Naghren occupied the throne. With a hand motion, he dismissed the Guard.

"Ah! So, Lady Darkwielder, Do you know why you're here?" Naghren leaned forward and raised an eyebrow. He wore a crown of gold with many thin arches and delicate silver etchings. He stood up, his emerald robes swirling around his feet. His long dark hair was similar to Ryhon's, though Naghren generally wore his hair down, but with some of it at the sides braided together. His eyes were partially covered by his bangs, parted slightly in the middle.

"No. I don't. What was the meaning of this untimely interruption of my evening?" Aelron answered hotly.

Naghren walked over to where she stood.

"Marry me." He said quietly.

Aelron stared dumb at him, "What?"

Naghren cocked his head to the side, "It's simple. I must have an heir. I can feel it! The gods have gotten bored with my rule, and intend to remove me. I desire to have one of my blood replace me. You are currently the only woman in this stronghold. You must marry me!"

She walked over to him and slapped him, "I will NOT be a pawn! Had you said you loved me, maybe I would have agreed, but this mad scheme will have to work withOUT me!" She yelled.

He brought his hand up to his cheek slowly, as if surprised by Aelron's ferocity. His eyes betrayed his shock, but then they hardened.

"You will obey me! I need someone to carry my heir, and YOU ARE MY CHOICE! Live with me or die!" He growled.

She glared at him haughtily and said, "Then I'll die!"

"We'll see about that once the torturer is finished with you!" Naghren replied.

Her eyes widened, and he said, "Oh, relax. He won't take liberties with you. Only I may do that now! I will mark you as mine, and the others will back off." He growled, sharp incisors showing.

"Y-You're a vampire?" She shrieked. Then, as he neared her, she stuttered, "G-Get away fr-from me!"

Stumbling back, she fell to the floor in her haste to escape Naghren. He neared her slowly, like a cat playing with it's prey. Her heartbeat quicked and she gasped for breath. Her chest hurt, and she wondered if it was from the fact that Naghren was about to bite her.

"I won't kill you. You'll survive. If you're strong." Naghren said softly, as if to a child, "It will only hurt because you don't love me."

She stared at him fearfully, realized how close her and tried in vain to get out of his reach. He easily reached over to her and grabbed her. He sank his teeth into her shoulder.

<--<< >>-->

Aelron screamed as the pain seared through her body. It was ice cold by the mark, and fiery hot everywhere else. Still, more pain coursed through her. There was nothing but unending pain. Darkness rolled in and she knew no more. Naghren had pulled his teeth out the moment she grew limp in his hands, wary that she had cheated him of the chance of an heir. Giving a thanks to Ziocrat for not claiming her soul for a second time, he let her crumple to the floor. King Naghren of Heresh had better things to do. Sauntering out of the palace, he ordered some guards to ensure Aelron survived. He was just about to release his anger by destroying some unwary animals, when a voice called out to him.

"My king! Do you know where Aelron is?" Jemery the ghost called out.

"In her room." Naghren spat, turning away from the ghost once again.

Jemery asked, "Why did you summon her?"

"To make her mine." Naghren replied, not being one to lie or charm his way out of situations, "I needed an heir. She was the only woman available."

Jemery's eyes widened, "My king, that is... unholy!"

"I know. And I don't care. By Ziocrat, if she dies..." Naghren said.

"Y-You cannot do that!" Jemery cried.

"I can do whatever I want, Jemery No-name!" Naghren sneered, "I can even snuff out your life in an instant!"

Jemery took a breath. It was Aelron or a secret he had kept for years.

"I am not a No-name! My lineage rivals even yours. It is one of great kings and queens!"

"So...?"

"I am Jemery Bladesworn, son to Reyneld Bladesworn. Otherwise known as the Golden Guardian of Anhua, the Dragonlord and the most famous Guardian who ever lived."

"What a load of dragon dung!" Neghren exclaimed.

Jemery held out his hand, on which it sparkled a ring. The ring was golden, with an engraving of a dragon in the center. All knew of it as Reyneld's ring.

"I am Reyneld Bladesworn's son."

<--<< >>-->

Well, I gotta say. Wasn't expecting that. Jemery just wanted his story told. So, the secret's out. Reyneld had a son. More explanations to character backgrounds are coming up in the next few chapters. Please VOTE and COMMENT. It means the world to me.