Chapter 31 - Execution

Dragons had gone extinct decades ago. Yet, here they were, three magnificent beasts touched down lightly on the grass in the middle of the killing field. The first one was the color of rubies in sunlight. With beautiful scales that covered its entire body, the dragon was a creature of ethereal beauty. The other was the opposite of the first. It had pale blue scales and had a frosty presence. The last was the color of obsidian. The last winged presence was the most shocking of all. An archangel in all of his glory. Other figures were dismounting the dragons.

"Who among you are Guardians?" A man yelled. He had long black hair, waxen skin and bright violet eyes. His presence seemed to suck the light and life out of everything.

"Who asks?" An elven general asked. He was Euiridas' second-in-command.

"I, Ryhon Darkwielder, emissionary to the dark lands of Heresh, ask." He replied.

"You?!" A shrill voice asked. Dethemina pushed her way to him, "To whom do you swear to?"

Ryhon stared at her, "I swear to my master, King Naghren of Heresh." He replied.

"I know." She muttered, "Rylore told me of your deed, and your mission."

A musical voice broke their argument, "Hey. My lady, he means you no ill. I will vouch for him." The archangel said.

She narrowed her eyes, "And who might you be? Your kind went extinct a long time ago."

"I am Prince Aidan Illuen of the Archangels."

Her eyes widened considerably, "You're he? The archangel prince?"

"Yes." He answered smoothly.

"So, you're not one of the Seven?"

"No. I knew them all personally, though. It grieved me terribly to know of their passing. I... was their prince. They obeyed me. So, when they died, I felt every one of their deaths. I felt the pain as they each were murdered." He said, the ghost of his pain still lingering on his face, centuries later.

"Now, where is Euiridas? I must speak to her. I have important information for her." He said briskly.

They all turned to the dueling area, and were met with the sight of her body, still and pale in the afternoon light. Tarbork knelt with her, in his human form.

"NO!" Aidan cried. He raced to her and grabbed her hand, frantically looking for the pulse. There was none.
"Archangel." Tarbork growled. Aidan turned to him.

"What? You're still alive? I thought I killed you years ago!" He exclaimed, his eyes flashing with hatred. Another of his friends gone because he had not been there on time. Ryhon caught up with Aidan, and put a restraining arm on Aidan's shoulder.

"This one is mine!" He growled, "He escaped the Abyss, so it is my pleasure to send him on a one way trip back to Hell!"

Ryhon darted forward and sprang at Tarbork, who dodge and shifted to his demon form.

"Never! I am a demon general! You cannot kill me!"

Ryhon assumed a bored expression, "Sure I can. I have permission from King Naghren himself!" He raised his eyebrows, "Did you not know? I hunt down escaped souls, and your Master is quite an interesting case."

Tarbork sneered, "Our Master is one and all! You will never recapture him!"

Ryhon flicked his finger and darkness enveloped Tarbork. He snorted.

"Undefeatable, by Ziocrat." He scoffed.

"So... where is he?" Aidan asked, brushing his bangs out of his eyes.