26) death

The next day I woke up and sat up in my bed looking at everything around me and thinking about the changes that would be happening.

As I gathered all my thoughts I managed to get out of bed and walked to the bathroom connected to my room and took a quick shower.

I walked back to my room and picked out some clothes and quickly got dressed. I walked out of my room to find dad but first I was going to eat some breakfast so I wouldn't starve to death.

As I walked in the kitchen, I saw one of Dad's helpers and she noticed me in front of her while she slightly bowed her head and had told me dad is in a meeting, but breakfast is in the dining room if I was hungry.

So, I quickly went to the dining room grabbed my plate and sat down to enjoy my meal.

Dad's meeting had to be over by now it had been almost an hour or so I thought but maybe it took longer than expected.

I was out in the living room after Maya found me, she offered a tour around my new home, and I gladly accepted it.

So now I was waiting on my dad or Alpha as others call him to get out of his meeting along with his Luna my stepmom I guess, and I think her name was Mia.

She's really nice too unlike those awful stepmoms that most people have that stab you in the back that act nice around your dad well not me we actually bonded from the beginning when Maya introduced us.

I heard slight footsteps behind me, and I assumed the meeting dad was in is over now because I saw his beta and everyone else leaving to go off somewhere like they always do.

Dad spotted me and sat next to me before apologizing for taking so long.

He said that he had a little surprise for me, and he must have known the confusion on my face as he said I will find out soon enough.

So, we both stood up and I followed dad as he led me somewhere to where I'm guessing my surprise is whatever it is.

After we have reached our destination, I saw we were at one of the pack-mate's doors and dad gestured for me to open it so I did and what I saw blew me in shock I never thought I would see her again and who I saw was.

Akira.

I was so amazed and happy that I didn't realize tears were coming out until she walked up to me and wiped them away before giving me one of her bear hugs.

"How are you here" I asked her, and she nodded to my dad and said, "he found me right after you left and brought me here" I looked at dad and gave him a half smile as he noticed he smiled back and then I mouthed "thank you".

He nodded before he left so he could give us privacy as he calls it.

After Akira and I caught up a bit Dad and I decided to get to know each other by taking a walk to the park with bodyguards of course.

But at this moment I felt like something bad was going to happen like a part of me was dying or something, but I was more worried about my family well my adoptive family on how well they were doing without me.

Before I was about to speak, I got thrown by a big brown gray like wolf and when I realized who it was, I was in shock I couldn't move, and dad was trying to help but his guards pinned him to the ground.

It was in that moment that I thought I was going to die.

But right when he was about to kill me a wolf stepped in front of me and got stabbed instead and I didn't get a chance to see their face, but I managed to get lose along with dad and dad killed him considering he's probably from one of those wolves killing me for my power that I overheard from dad at his meeting once.

I landed my eyes on the wolf that saved me and my heart dropped as well did my knees as I recognized the fur the eyes the face sculpture and everything.

It was my adoptive mom, and she was killed right in front of me just to keep me alive.

I couldn't move or speak after witnessing this so one of dad's bodyguards carried me home into my bedroom leaving me in the dark while I thought.

Nala is dead and she saved me but how did she know I was there.

Maybe dad would know but I wanted to be alone for a while.

Oh no Victor I'm sure he knows but there's nothing worse than losing a mate.

I felt more tears drop as I pulled my pillow close to me and many of you maybe wonder where's your wolf or whatever she's here she just hasn't been talking since she discovered Liam is our mate and I left him when she didn't want to, but I had no other choice so as of right now she's not talking to me but it's alright she will come back, I hope.