27) the funeral

It has been weeks since Nala (my adoptive mother who raised me for 17 years) has died and I barely left my room since it happened.

I didn't expect her to jump right in front of me or see her even when dad and I got attacked.

I was supposed to die but instead she did all to keep me alive so I can have a happy healthy life.

Part of me wishes I could turn back time to save her, but I know I can't because witches have been extinct for hundreds of years even, so they are loyal to the vampires living among us.

Nala's funeral was today, and I honestly don't know how I am going to cope.

Knowing her she wouldn't want me to cry there she would want me to be happy and move on with life to get those who killed her and make them pay to make sure they know who they are dealing with and that they made a big mistake on whose family they messed with.

But honestly thinking about her makes me want to cry more and wish Knight was here and as I said that I saw the door open expecting dad but instead I saw ......

Knight.

I couldn't believe it he ran up to me jumped on the bed laid on my lap like he does when he knows I'm upset and let me slowly pet him as it was comforting me.

I looked up to see dad standing there and he said," I figured Knight could help you more than I could" I replied to him and said, "thanks dad means a lot" he smiled and said, "oh I know this is probably not the great time, but Knight here will be moving in with us to keep you company and to help with the pack".

"What about Victor" I asked. I found a couple rouges and some wolves who agreed to help him out with the pack" he answered.

I nodded at him then looked back down at Knight and with that I heard the door shut as dad left.

"Today is going to be the hardest day of my life" I said aloud to Knight.

He replied by looking at me and leaning up against my chest. I smiled as he did so and watched the clock waiting to get this funeral over with.

At the funeral I wore a medium cut sleeveless black dress while Dad wore an all-black suit along with Victor almost matching each other.

All of the pack members from Victor and dads showed up even Armani even though I still am angry with her, and my sister showed up at Nala's funeral.

It was quiet at first like I expected it to be, but everything seemed to speed up while people came to us saying sorry for your loss, she was a great woman or whatever but after all of that Victor started to speak so I sat up to listen even though my heart was breaking.

"Today we honor my mate my true love Luna to the pack of Wilderness" Victor started.

"Mother to Madison and Lupin Sanders Nala was a brave woman cautious but courageous always put everyone's needs first before her own sacrificed herself for who knows how many times I lost count after 12 helped me raise two beautiful girls when they needed a home I wasn't sure if we could do it but she knew and she was the best mother and Luna I could ask for but I guess good things must come to an end even though we don't want to accept it gone but never forgotten right look even though we all want to ball out crying like most funerals Nala wouldn't want that she would want us to be happy and find ourselves so in Honor of Nala let's get up and enjoy ourselves as we remember we will see her in another world and in another place see you soon my love".

After the funeral I headed straight to my room and got ready for the night.

It was late so Knight and I just stayed in my room for the rest of the day after the funeral.

I thought about what Victor said at the funeral and it inspired me because he was right, but I knew one thing for sure whoever killed Nala will not get away with this as they obviously don't know who their dealing with.