Chapter 12

Lightning was safely back in Starter Squad headquarters and walks straight to Paarthurnax's office. She knocked three times. "Come in..." Paarthurnax called. She slowly opened the door.

"We need to talk" Lightning said.

"Is it about those Eeveelutions. I just got a newspaper from one of our trusted deliverymon. The top story says that the Eeveelution criminals have created their own team to stop the Starter Squad, which is highly unlikely-"

"Well... That's what I wanted to talk about. These criminals are not messing around. Many of our Starter Pokémon have been killed by them already. Maybe we should actually get help from Pokémon that are.... Not Starters?" She slowed down, flinching as she said the last two words, knowing what Paarthurnax would say.

"What!! Are you saying the Starter Squad is weak?! We never needed help from other Pokémon and we never will!" Paarthurnax growled.

"I knew that's what you'll say... Listen sir, I know you don't want to but I don't think we have a choice. If we're going to stop these guys we need help..."

"No we do not and that's final, now please leave my office" Paarthurnax said.

"Alright, Alright..." Lightning mumbled, closing the door behind her.

"He just doesn't understand what we have to face. These criminals are too strong together. We have to separate them somehow." Lightning thought to herself.

                                                                       ***
A Leafeon was near a cave, crouching down, watching a Rattata's every move like prey. She licked her lips ready to pounce on the small mouse Pokémon like a cat. She leaped into the air and got ahold of the Rattata with its tail beneath her paw.

"Gotcha!"

"Let me go!" The Rattata squeaked.

"Never!" The Leafeon was about to sync her teeth into the Rattata's small little skull before she heard pawsteps behind her. The Rattata found its opportunity to escape.

"Dang it!" The Leafeon cursed to herself. She turned around to see Kenith, Daybreak, Emerald, Algeo, Amber, Voltage, and Aquarius approach her. They didn't seem to notice her as she hides behind a bush to avoid detection. She watched the Deadly Diamond. "Who are these Pokémon. They seem familiar to me. Have I heard something about them. They couldn't be those Eeveelutions, would they? They must be..."

"We were so close to killing that Pikachu. We have to try harder. We can't let anything stand in our way gang. Those meddling Starters cannot fight forever. They will fall at some point I just know what. I know we can find their weak points. We're better than all the criminals. We're better than even Tudi. We can do this!" Kenith said.

"Oh... So they're bad guys. Maybe I could be a part of this and then stab them in the back once the Squad is out of the way then Poketown will bow do what I say. They'll never know what hit him. For Avail will prevail!"

The Deadly Diamond was about to leave and she was going to lose her chance so she quickly revealed herself to them.

"Who in the name of Giratina are you?" Daybreak asked.

"I am Avail. Is there a spot that is still available for me in your team?"

"Eh... I guess we could make room for one more." Kenith replied.

"But Kenith don't we have enough?" Daybreak asked.

"We can never get enough. We need all the help we can get to defeat the squad." Kenith answered calmly.

"True." Daybreak replied, licking Kenith's cheek.

"Hm... If she doesn't think there's enough room I think I can fix that real quick." Avail thought to herself with a grin.

"We should be heading back to our lair and we could look for some food along the way." Daybreak said.

"Excellent idea, Daybreak." Kenith Agreed.

"Yes, excellent idea." Avail grinned.

                                                                       ***
They were getting closer and closer to their cave and at each passing moment that got hungrier and hungrier. "Kenith, do you think we should go find some berries now? Everyone looks hungry. We must be close to the cave by now too." Daybreak said.

"Hm... Perhaps you're right, Daybreak. We'll split up into 4 groups. 2 in each group. We'll all come back here once we gather some berries. Kenith and I will go together. Emerald with Voltage. Amber with Algeo. Avail with Aquarius." Kenith retorted. They all went beside their partners and walked in different directions of the forest.

                                                                             ***
Avail walked beside Aquarius through the forest. Avail just watched Aquarius and Aquarius silently continued walking, not even bothering to talk.

"So... What happened to you. You looked like you've been attacked by something."

"Yes... I was attacked by one of those Starters from the Starter Squad. I'd rather not talk about it."

"Hm... Alright then. This guys not much of a talker is... Why is he even in this team of criminals. Even if he has fought before. It does 't seem like he can do much now. He'll probably just slow the team down. I should put him out of his misery soon anyway so maybe the Squad would actually appreciate me... If they don't already that is..."

Aquarius stopped as he caught sight of a Leppa Berry bush. "We found some berries now to bring some back." Aquarius and Avail picked some berries and put them in a small wooden bowl. "Let's get back."

"Yeah, I think I can take it from here alone. I don't need you slowing me down." Avail smirked.

"Wait... What do you mean by-"

He didn't finish as Avail used a surprise Psychic attack. "Wha-" He didn't manage to finish before Avail began squeezing him until he went limp.

"Goodnight..." she laughed. Avail took the bowl in her mouth back to where the group would meet.

                                                                            ***
The rest of the Deadly Diamond was already back with their haul waiting for Avail to get back. Once she finally arrived, they immediately asked questions.

"What took you so long? We could have been found by the Starter Squad or the PK Police before you would come back? Also, what happened to Aquarius?" Kenith asked. "Did you do something to him?!"

"No, a... Starter Squad member attacked him. This Grovyle caught sight of us and we tried fighting it. He killed Aquarius before I managed to defeat it." Avail lied.

"Oh... Th- that's terrible. That Squad will pay! They may have been a pain in our tails but now they really crossed the line killing our teacher. Let's move on we need to get back so we can think of a new plan." Kenith sighed in despair.

____________________________________________________________
Chapter 12 is finally finished at last. I keep updating this late sorry guys... I hope you enjoyed though. There will be one more chapter left. Avail does not belong to me, she belongs to Rightful_Nature
Sorry that your character appears close to the end of the story.
The last chapter will be out tomorrow hopefully.
There will be a sequel to this story and Echo.