05

The next day the weather was quite nice and bright. Dylan spent some time during the red light to look at the scenery around him until something or should he say someone caught his eyes. Wasn't that...why was she even here?? Where's she going??

Suddenly the light turned green, and the cars behind him kept honking for him to go. He came back to his sense and stepped on his gear. He should mind his own business. However, his mind kept wandering to the small girl he just saw. Honks kept coming. He was so annoyed, but he ended up parking his car near the curb and followed her. When he got near her, he couldn't believe what he saw. Shen Yue protectively pulled a young girl who seemed to be in junior high protectively to stand behind her. She was firmly saying something to two boys. By the time he was close enough to hear what they're talking about, the boys already ran away, and she was holding the young girl who was shaking out of fear.

"Don't be afraid. Everything's okay now. They're gone." Shen Yue hugged the shaking young girl. Shen Yue was walking on the way to the bus when she saw the young girl being dragged by two boys into the quiet park. Luckily, she saw her on-time and managed to chase them away.

The young girl nodded and hugged her tighter.

"Are you taking the bus to school?" Shen Yue asked. The girl nodded.

"I'm walking you there. Next time don't walk through the park this early morning. Choose the path that people on the road could see you, or try not to walk alone." Shen Yue told the girl.

"Thank you."

"It's okay. Now let's go." Shen Yue smiled warmly. She picked up what looks like a heavy box before telling the young girl to walk by her. When she turned back, she finally saw Dylan who was still awed by what he saw. Dylan sighed and walked to her.

"What happened?" Dylan looked between Shen Yue and the girl.

"Oh, some boys were trying to do something to her, but I chased them away. Everything's okay now." Shen Yue replied with a smile.

"What were you thinking? You are also a woman. What if instead of running away, those boys also do something bad to you?" Dylan almost shouted. He couldn't understand why he was so annoyed.

"Then what should I do? If I didn't do anything, those boys would harm her!" Shen Yue raised her voice a little. She just wanted to help the poor girl.

Dylan just looked at her. "Forget it," he sighed. He briefly looked at the young girl before turning back to Shen Yue, "Let's just walk her to the bus stop first."

Shen Yue nodded, but before she could take any step, Dylan stopped her again.

"Let me help you," he took the box from her. Shen Yue thanked him, and they walked together to the bus stop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The young girl thanked them and bid them goodbye before getting on the bus. Shen Yue kept waving at her until the bus left. Dylan just quietly observed her. What's with this girl? How come she could bravely protect others, but when it comes to herself, she's like an idiot?

Shen Yue was about the pick up the box when Dylan stopped her.

"What's inside that box?"

"Oh, it's pineapple."

Dylan raised his brow, "Why are you carrying a box of pineapples?"

"Actually, our co-workers asked me to help buy for them. They heard that my family sells produces, so they said I could help them choose good ones." Shen Yue explained.