19

"Speak!"

Dylan jumped a little at Xize's sudden outburst. He had never seen Xize this mad at him before. Dylan was now sitting in Xize's living room, while Xize and Jiaqi (who was already in proper clothes) were sitting in another sofa adjacent to his.

Dylan scratched the back of his due to the awkwardness before he said, "I need your help."

"Help on what?" Xize asked, but he's clearly still mad at Dylan for interrupted his moment.

"I want to you check the flight history of someone for me," Dylan continued.

Xize rolled his eyes and took a deep breath, "You know you could just call instead of coming to bang my door this late at night, right?"

Dylan paused. Xize was right. How could he not think of that? He must be too anxious.

"Oh. Right," Dylan blurted.

Xize's face twitched. "Oh. Right?" Xize repeated Dylan.

'Oh no,' Jiaqi thought.

.

.

"Xize!"

"Xize! Babe! Calm down! You might kill him!" Jiaqi tried to hold Xize back. Xize was now jumping on top of Dylan and strangling him.

"Dude! Calm down! I can explain!" Dylan struggled to reason him, while Xize's hands were still on his throat.

"Fine!" Xize finally let go and got back to his seat, and Jiaqi was patting his back to calm him down.

Dylan coughed a few time while rubbing his neck to sooth the tension. He didn't expect Xize to strangle him for real. Damn, he already had a broken heart, and now he almost had a broken neck. What a day.

Dylan then started, "Yueyue ran away. She's now hiding from me."

Dylan's words were enough to get Xize back into his serious mode. "What happened? Did she find out about who you are?" Xize asked; concern was evident in his voice.

Dylan shook his head, "I don't know. All I know was that I did her wrong." He then proceeded to tell Xize about what happened.

Xize and Jiaqi sighed after hearing the whole story.

"Don't worry, bro. I'll help you track her and her brother down," Xize said.

"Yeah, don't worry, Dylan. We'll help you," Jiaqi assured, "But you should completely come clean with her when you meet her again."

Dylan nodded, "I will."

Xize then cleared his throat, "Now that I got your request. It's already late, bro." Xize narrowed his eyes on Dylan, which made the latter raise an eyebrow at him.

The next thing Dylan knew, Xize slammed his door in his face.

---------------------------------------------------

[Changsa, Hunan]

"Here, drink this," Yueyue's brother handed her a glass of warm soy milk.

Yueyue obediently accepted it, "Thanks, Ge."

Shen Sunning sighed while looking at his baby sister. As soon as he came back home, he was so excited when their parents told him that Yueyue finally reached out to them and told them where she lived. He immediately flew to Beijing just to surprise her. However, his heart dropped when she ran into his arms and painfully cried that day. He had asked her what's wrong, but she refused to talk about it, so all he could do was to stay with her and comfort her.