22

"Good morning!" Shen Yue greeted the receptionists. She was about to walk to her office, but a receptionist suddenly stopped her.

"Wait, Yue! You have a delivery!"

"Another delivery?" Shen Yue frowned.

"Here you go!" the receptionist handed a bouquet of red roses, "It's so beautiful! The best so far!"

Shen Yue chuckled when she saw her delivery. Ever since the Gala, she had been receiving several bouquets and gifts from random business associates. She often had to send them a message of gratitude and politely decline such gifts, but it appeared that those gifts kept coming since they were from different people each time.

The receptionist laughed, "You're so popular, Yue! We've already lost count on how many gifts you have received this week."

"Please. You're exaggerating!" Shen Yue jokingly rolled her eyes while accepting the flowers. 'Another message to be sent today,' she internally sighed.

"This time there are 66 roses by the way."

"We help count it for you," both receptionists giggled.

Shen Yue couldn't help but smile at their excitement, "Oh. What does it mean?"

"It means 'Nothing's gonna change my love for you'," the receptionist winked, while Shen Yue internally cringed at the meaning.

"Thank you," Shen Yue smiled, "I gotta go to work now. See you later."

"You're welcome. See you later," the receptionists bid her goodbye.

Shen Yue took the flowers and headed toward the elevator. While waiting for her elevator, she took a sniff of the flowers and smiled. The aromatic scent of the flowers surely refreshed her mind.

'But who could it be this time?' she thought.

However, her thought was interrupted when the elevator arrived. As soon as the door closed, Shen Yue noticed a small card hidden inside the bouquet. She quickly pulled it out, but to her confusion, the card was blank. She brought the card closer to her face to observe it. Suddenly, her eyes widened when a familiar perfume scent hit her. She stared blankly between the card and the flower.

At that moment, the elevator dinged, signaling its arrival on her floor. Shen Yue slowly walked out with the bouquet in her hand and an indescribable expression on her face. However, the corner of her lips soon curved up when she saw the janitor of her floor.

----------------------------------------------------

Dylan walked into Shen Yue's workplace with a big smile on his face. He cheerfully greeted the receptionists and headed for the FP&A department floor, where he was supposed to meet her to work on their project. When he reached the floor, he caught something from the corner of his eyes, which made him abruptly stop.

"What the heck?" Dylan's jaw dropped after he turned around to get a better look. In front of him, a janitor was happily pushing her cleaning supply cart, but the thing that caught his attention was a beautiful rose bouquet in the cart. He was completely speechless.

Dylan then massaged his temples with one hand and sarcastically laughed before he frustratingly walked toward the FP&A department.

Shen Yue looked up from her computer when she heard a few knocks on her door. There he was, leaning on her door with his arms crossed.

"Why is the bouquet with the janitor?" Dylan was smiling, but Shen Yue could see in his eyes that he was burning inside, which made her lips curved up with amusement. 'Serve you right,' she thought.