20

"What a day!" Shen Yue dropped herself on her office chair and massaged her temples. Today had been an exhausting day for her.

"Are you alright?"

Shen Yue smiled at a lady who just came into her office and sat on a chair across her.

"Still alive, of course. What do you think, Tao Jie?" Shen Yue raised an eyebrow at her, which made the lady laughed and reached out to poke Shen Yue on her forehead.

"As witty as ever, aren't we?" Tao Jie said. Shen Yue smiled widely at the lady.

"Anyway, you did a very good job defending the plan at the conference, girl," Tao Jie laughed, "I can't forget the senior consultant's face when you turned down his suggestion in front of everyone! Even the CFO was amused!"

Shen Yue chuckled and shook her head, "What did you expect to me to do when his suggestion was so ridiculous? If I didn't turn it down, our team would have to meaninglessly work overnight only for it to be scrapped later. I don't even understand why he was hired."

"I keep asking the same question," Tao Jie snickered, "But you know what, I can always trust my talented analyst to make sure everything goes well."

Shen Yue smiled and probed her chin on her hands, "And your analyst can do so well because she has a wonderful lady as her FP&A Director and mentor." (FP&A=Financial Planning and Analysis)

Tao Jie rolled her eyes and adoringly pinched the tip of Yue's nose, "It's already 8 P.M. You already stayed up these few days to complete the financial plan. Now go home and get some rest. I want my lovely analyst to come back fresh and lively tomorrow."

"Yes, boss!" Shen Yue jokingly saluted her Director.

-----------------------------------------------

Shen Yue stretched her body after dropping her purse on her bed. Her muscles were very tight from all the stress in these past weeks, so she thought she might as well have a nice relaxing bath.

As soon as her body hit the soothing warm water, Shen Yue let out a sigh of relief. She had been so busy that she hadn't had time to enjoy small things like this nice warm bath. But somehow she was thankful that this busy schedule helped take her mind off a certain thing.

Shen Yue looked up at her bathroom ceiling, as she contemplated about the past few months. It had been four months since she last saw him. It had been four months since she told him not to come find her, and well, he really did listen. She had never seen him again since that day.

Mostly, it was a good thing for her. When she returned to Shanghai that day, she was completely drowning in her sorrow and heartbreak for almost a month. Her brother then already returned to London. She could still remember the worried faces of her parents, as they helplessly watched her staying alive but without a soul. However, when she accidentally saw her father comforted her mother who was crying at night because of her, Shen Yue finally made a decision to rebuild herself back up. She was too caught up with her own pain that she didn't notice the pain she caused to others.

Moreover, if she didn't even love herself, how could she expect others to truly love her?

The first thing she did was applying for an accounting job at Shanghai Bank and moved closer to her workplace. However, she only worked in the accounting department for a month before her boss noticed her analyzing skills, which Shen Yue herself never realized she had. Because of that, Shen Yue was soon recommended to the FP&A, where she met her current boss and mentor, Tao Jie. It was at that time that Shen Yue realized 'that person' had indeed made her work beyond her accounting duties before; he even made her collect, analyze, and pitch financial plans. It might not be in his plan, but he accidentally gave her all the skills. More importantly, that particular past showed her how stupid she used to be; it taught her not to trust people too easily. Shen Yue bitterly smiled at the thought.