15

"Thank you for today," Yueyue thanked Dylan with a sweet smile. They were standing in front of Yueyue's apartment after spending their whole day at his house. Dylan showed her his warm smile and nodded. Then he remembered something.

"Yue. I have to prepare for an auction project at the main hotel tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, so I can't go to the office," Dylan sadly told her.

"Oh," Yueyue's face fell. Dylan smiled after seeing her reaction.

"I'll miss you," he whispered and gently pulled her into a hug.

"I'll miss you, too," Yueyue whispered back, as she hugged him tighter. After a while, they released each other from the hug. Dylan's hand went up to gently mess her hair before it slid down to lovingly cup her left cheek. Yueyue sighed, closed her eyes and leaned into his hand. Her smile mirrored his when she opened her eyes.

"It's almost 7," Yueyue reminded, "You wouldn't want to be late for your meeting."

"Good night," Yueyue said in a low voice.

"Good night," Dylan nodded and smiled. Suddenly, his eyes went wide when he felt her kissing his cheek. The moment he finally snapped out of this pleasant surprise, she already opened her door and got inside. He slowly smiled and let out a chuckle. That smile remained on his face all the way home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dylan was preparing for the online meeting with his team when his eyes fell on his phone.

'Maybe we should stop running away from things now,' he recalled Yueyue's words.

He looked at his watch. He still had more than an hour before the meeting started, so he picked up his phone to make a call.

In the other part of the city, Yueyue also recalled the same thing and dialed a number on her phone.

Their calls were accepted at the same time.

"Hello, pa."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yueyue smiled widely when she saw Dylan leaning on his car, waiting for her in front of her apartment building.

"Good morning!" Yueyue couldn't suppress her smile.

"Good morning," Dylan smiled as wide as her. He went around his car and opened his passenger door for her and helped her with the seat belt.

"I thought you said you wouldn't come to the office," Yueyue asked when they were on the road.

"I won't," Dylan stopped at the red light and turned to her with a smile, "I have to drop by to pick up an important document."

"Oh, I see," Yueyue smiled warmly.

"But the most important reason is that," Dylan said, smiling and looking right into her eyes, "I just want to see you." He immediately turned back to focus on the road at the green light. Yueyue blushed and looked out of the car window, but surely, she couldn't hide the wide smile that was plastered on her face.

When they arrived at the hotel, both of them had to go separate ways, with Dylan heading for the archive and Yueyue having to go to her office.

After taking the document he needed, Dylan was pleasantly surprised to see Yueyue standing near the archive floor elevator. Yueyue was supposed to be at work, but she wanted to send Dylan off. After all, they couldn't meet each other in the next two days. So instead, she decided to use a restroom break to sneak out and meet him before he left.