21

"Yue!"

Shen Yue looked up from her computer to the excited Tao Jie who suddenly barged into her office. She frowned but smiled. Why was Tao Jie so excited?

"Is there a good news, Tao Jie?"

"Come to our FP&A meeting room! I'll get everyone there!" Tao Jie enthusiastically said and immediately left. Shen Yue blinked at Tao Jie's lightning speed before she shook her head and chuckled.

When Shen Yue arrived at the meeting room, she saw everyone had already arrived, and Tao Jie was standing at the head of the table with a big smile. Shen Yue took her usual seat—the first seat to the right of Tao Jie's—before she smiled at her boss.

"Now that everyone's here, I have a good and a bad news," Tao Jie announced. Shen Yue quirked her eyebrow. How come Tao Jie was so happy when there was a bad news?

"What is it, Tao Jie?" Shen Yue asked.

"Which one do you want to hear first?" Tao Jie asked everyone.

"Bad news of course!" the team unanimously replied, and Shen Yue nodded her head.

"Alright. The bad news is that for a whole month from now all of you will have to pump up and work overtime again," Tao Jie smiled at the groan of everyone including Yue.

"What about the good news?" someone asked.

"The good news is," Tao Jie straightened her posture and crossed her arms with a proud smile, "We have received a proposal from a big corporate, and we have to work with their team to pitch a convincing financial plan to push through the cooperation."

Tao Jie nodded to herself and smiled proudly, but she then paused when she realized how everyone was so silent. Many of them tilted their heads as if they didn't understand the hype she tried to convey.

Seeing how the room fell silent, Shen Yue decided to ask Tao Jie for everyone, "Why is it a good news that you're so excited about, Tao Jie? Isn't it just the usual?"

Hearing Yue's question, Tao Jie nodded her head and went 'ah'. She forgot to explain the important part.

Tao Jie cleared her throat and added, "If this plan is pushed through, we'll meet 50% of this year target with it alone!"

One. Two. Three. It took three seconds of complete silence before the whole room erupted into a loud cheer. Shen Yue jumped up to give Tao Jie a tight hug to which she reciprocated.

"Really, Tao Jie?" Shen Yue excitedly asked.

Tao Jie nodded with a happy grin, "Why would I lie to you?"

"That's great!!" Shen Yue exclaimed, and everyone else echoed their agreement.

Tao Jie then raised her hand up, "But!" Everyone now focused on her.

"Let's keep the celebration for later. Now we gotta start working and secure this deal first!" Tao Jie happily shouted.

"Yes!" everyone shouted back.

"And Yue,"

Shen Yue turned to look at Tao Jie, "Yes?"

"You'll be the leader of this project," Tao Jie warmly informed her.

Shen Yue's eyes widened at the news, "But Jie, I'm afraid I can't do it well."

"You are better than what you see yourself, dear. Believe in yourself," Tao Jie warmly smiled.

"Yes, Yue! Accept it!"

"Yes, Yue! We believe in you!"

Everyone else in the team started to give her the words of encouragement. Shen Yue scanned around the room to various pairs of eyes. When Shen Yue saw that they really meant it, she smiled with her heart full and nodded. The room was engulfed in another round of cheers.